* Missing file.tuc with setuparranging[2SIDE]
@ 2012-11-15  0:28 Romain Diss
From: Romain Diss @ 2012-11-15  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I found a strange problem using \setuparranging[2SIDE] : the .tuc file is not
created anymore and this lead to a missing section number (for the first
section only). How can I remedy to that ? Any idea ?

The minimal example :
%%%%%%%%%%
\setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]
\setuparranging[2SIDE]

\starttext
\dorecurse{10}{
  \section{Knuth}
  \input knuth}
\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%%

If one comment the \setuparranging[2SIDE] line, everything is ok.

Thank you.

--
Romain Diss
<romain.diss@yahoo.fr>

* Re: Missing file.tuc with setuparranging[2SIDE]
@ 2012-11-15  4:01 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-11-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.11.2012 um 01:28 schrieb Romain Diss <romain.diss@yahoo.fr>:

> Hi,
>
> I found a strange problem using \setuparranging[2SIDE] : the .tuc file is not
> created anymore and this lead to a missing section number (for the first
> section only). How can I remedy to that ? Any idea ?
>
> The minimal example :
> %%%%%%%%%%
> \setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]
> \setuparranging[2SIDE]
>
> \starttext
> \dorecurse{10}{
>  \section{Knuth}
>  \input knuth}
> \stoptext
> %%%%%%%%%%
>
> If one comment the \setuparranging[2SIDE] line, everything is ok.

Use “context --arrange <filename>”.

Wolfgang

* Re: Missing file.tuc with setuparranging[2SIDE]
@ 2012-11-15 16:56   ` Romain Diss
From: Romain Diss @ 2012-11-15 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi
Le jeudi 15 novembre 2012, Wolfgang Schuster a écrit :
> Am 15.11.2012 um 01:28 schrieb Romain Diss <romain.diss@yahoo.fr>:
> > I found a strange problem using \setuparranging[2SIDE] : the .tuc file is
> > not created anymore and this lead to a missing section number (for the
> > first section only). How can I remedy to that ? Any idea ?
>
> Use “context --arrange <filename>”.
Thank you, it seems trivial but it works well.

Do the use of \setuparranging should always be accompanied by "context --
arrange <filename>" or are there specific cases?

--

@ 2012-11-15 18:35     ` Jean-Philippe Rey
From: Jean-Philippe Rey @ 2012-11-15 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 15 nov. 2012 à 17:56, Romain Diss a écrit :

> Hi
> Le jeudi 15 novembre 2012, Wolfgang Schuster a écrit :
>> Am 15.11.2012 um 01:28 schrieb Romain Diss <romain.diss@yahoo.fr>:
>>> I found a strange problem using \setuparranging[2SIDE] : the .tuc file is
>>> not created anymore and this lead to a missing section number (for the
>>> first section only). How can I remedy to that ? Any idea ?
>>
>> Use “context --arrange <filename>”.
> Thank you, it seems trivial but it works well.
>
> Do the use of \setuparranging should always be accompanied by "context --
> arrange <filename>" or are there specific cases?

I don't know the official answer but I can tell you that I have been using --arrange systematically, whether or not my tex files contain \setuparranging, and I didn't notice a problem in two years. On the contrary forgetting --arrange led to problems in page numbers, references, running headers, etc.

Best,

--
Jean-Philippe Rey                 Professeur - École Centrale Paris
jean-philippe.rey@ecp.fr          92295 Châtenay-Malabry Cedex - France

* Re: Missing file.tuc with setuparranging[2SIDE]
@ 2012-11-16 22:37       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-11-16 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/15/2012 7:35 PM, Jean-Philippe Rey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 15 nov. 2012 à 17:56, Romain Diss a écrit :
>
>> Hi
>>>
>>> Use “context --arrange <filename>”.
>> Thank you, it seems trivial but it works well.
>>
>> Do the use of \setuparranging should always be accompanied by "context --
>> arrange <filename>" or are there specific cases?
>

> I don't know the official answer but I can tell you that I have been using --arrange systematically, whether or not my tex files contain \setuparranging, and I didn't notice a problem in two years. On the contrary forgetting --arrange led to problems in page numbers, references, running headers, etc.

--arrange will

(1) do an normal run and signal context to ignore \setuparranging
(2) do a final run with arranging enabled but no tuc file being written

That way the used tuc file is the right one, and not the one resulting
from the reshuffling (a different order of flushing gives also different
references, list ordering etc)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE