From: Bill Meahan <subscribed_lists@meahan.net>
Subject: Suddenly can't run context
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 19:10:41 -0500	[thread overview]

Something has changed on my system and I can't find it. Perhaps someone
can point me where I should look.

I've had the texlive2012 installed since it came out and until a couple
of days ago everything worked just fine. All of a sudden, things
changed. I did nothing directly to the texlive distribution.

wwm@escherton$ context --version  gives the error output at the end of
this note

wwm@escherton$ sudo context --version works just fine

wwm@escherton$ mtxrun --version works just fine as does mtxrun --script
fonts --reload &c.

I created a new user.

context@escherton$ context --version works just fine

I deleted the texlive distribution  and re-installed it. No change. I've
run sudo context --generate several times with no change in behavior.
I've deleted the local .texlive2012 directory but since context won't
run, it doesn't get recreated. I can set TEXMF and then context will run
but it takes a much longer time than usual and the disk activity light
is on almost solid.

Any ideas?

Linux Escherton 3.2.0-33-generic #52-Ubuntu SMP Thu Oct 18 16:19:45 UTC
2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

(XUbuntu 12.04)

Error output below:

wwm@Escherton$ context --version

mtxrun          | forcing cache reload
resolvers       | resolving | unknown configuration file
'/home/wwm/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | unknown configuration file
'/home/wwm/bin/texmfcnf.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | unknown configuration file
'/home/wwm/texmfcnf.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | unknown configuration file
'/home/texmfcnf.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | unknown configuration file
'/home/wwm/bin/texmf-local/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | unknown configuration file
'/home/wwm/texmf-local/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | unknown configuration file
'/home/texmf-local/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | unknown configuration file
'/home/wwm/bin/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | unknown configuration file
'/home/wwm/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | unknown configuration file
'/home/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
resolvers       | resolving |
resolvers       | resolving | warning: no lua configuration files found
resolvers       | resolving | no texmf paths are defined (using TEXMF)
resolvers       | resolving |
mtxrun          | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
resolvers       | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers       | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-context.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers       | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-contexts.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | remembered file 'mtx-context.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers       | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-t-context.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers       | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-t-contexts.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | remembered file 'mtx-t-context.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers       | resolving | remembering file 'context.lua'
mtxrun          | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

--
Bill Meahan
Westland, Michigan USA