* Re: Equivalent of Includeonly?
       [not found] <mailman.5.1353322801.15079.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-11-20  8:20 ` "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2012-11-20  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Sorry, I did not get you. I was asking about Context, not Latex?!

@ 2012-11-20  8:35   ` Herbert Voss
From: Herbert Voss @ 2012-11-20  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am 20.11.2012 09:20, schrieb "H. Özoguz":
> Sorry, I did not get you. I was asking about Context, not Latex?!

sure, I only explained the difference of \input and \include
respectively \includeonly and explained only the existing behaviour
in LaTeX. The same should be possible in ConTeXt.

Herbert

@ 2012-11-20 10:25           ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2012-11-20 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/19/2012 01:41 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> that there is a lua error ...
>
> can you try with:
>
>                          if not component or component == componentname
> then
>                              -- skip
>                          else

Hans,

yes, this appears to work! I now get page numbers etc. when I compile
single components, and I could kick myself for not knowing this earlier...

All best

Thomas

* Re: Equivalent of Includeonly?
@ 2012-11-19 12:41         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-11-19 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 11/19/2012 10:33 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> this is already in place for a while given that one uses the right
>> structures:
>>
>> http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/magazines/mag-1103.pdf
>
> Oops, sorry, I must have missed this! But I can't get it working. After
> adding
>
> \setupreferencing[autofile=yes]
> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>
> to all components, compiling single components fails with
>
> ! LuaTeX error
> ....text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/strc-ref.lua:902: table
> index is nil
> stack traceback:
>      ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/strc-ref.lua:902: in
> function 'loadproductreferences'
>      ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/strc-ref.lua:1021: in
> function 'loadpresets'
>      ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/strc-ref.lua:1043: in
> function 'useproduct'
>      <main ctx instance>:1: in main chunk.
>
> system          > tex > error on line 6 in file test.tex: LuaTeX error  ...
>
> Any idea what this might mean?

that there is a lua error ...

can you try with:

                         if not component or component == componentname then
                             -- skip
                         else

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-11-19 11:47       ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2012-11-19 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-11-19 11:12       ` Herbert Voss
From: Herbert Voss @ 2012-11-19 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster schrieb:

>> \startproduct mysmalldocument
>>
>> \component one
>> \component three
>>
>> \stopproduct
>
> This doesn’t the same because with \includeonly the
> chapter/figure/page/etc. counters from the skipped files are honored like
> they do with single component files from Thomas request.

because every file defined with \includeonly gets its own .aux file which
is _aöways_ read by the main tex file. The reason why all page numbers and
refences are correct.

Herbert

* Re: Equivalent of Includeonly?
@ 2012-11-19 10:55     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-11-19 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.11.2012 um 10:35 schrieb Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:

> On 11/19/2012 9:47 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>
>> Am 19.11.2012 um 09:30 schrieb H. Özoguz <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:
>>
>>> Is there an equivalent of the LaTeX "\includeonly" ? - I'm working on books (nearly only on books), so such a command would speed up my work.
>>
>> No there isn’t.
>>

>> @Hans: With with \includeonly and \excludeonly command you can specify which external files should be included in the document by the \inlcude{…} (a special version of \input{…}) command.
>>
>> When you add \includeonly{one,three} in the following example only the files “one.tex” and “three.tex” will be included and the other two are ignored. With \excludeonly{two,three} the files “one.tex” and “four.tex” are read but two and three are ignored.
>>
>> \startproduct mydocument
>>
>> \component one
>> \component two
>> \component three
>> \component four
>>
>> \stopproduct
>
> \startproduct mysmalldocument
>
> \component one
> \component three
>
> \stopproduct

This doesn’t the same because with \includeonly the chapter/figure/page/etc. counters from the skipped files are honored like they do with single component files from Thomas request.

Wolfgang

* Re: Equivalent of Includeonly?
@ 2012-11-19 10:25   ` Herbert Voss
From: Herbert Voss @ 2012-11-19 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <mailman.246.1353317095.2161.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-11-19  9:47 ` "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2012-11-19  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> >\startproduct mydocument
> >
> >\component one
> >\component two
> >\component three
> >\component four
> >
> >\stopproduct
> >
> >Wolfgang

I always use \input for the chapters of books - what is the difference to component? I looked into the wiki, but didn't get the difference.

Huseyin

* Re: Equivalent of Includeonly?
@ 2012-11-19  9:35   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-11-19  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-11-19  9:33     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-11-19  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-11-19  9:30 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2012-11-19  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

2012-11-19 H. Özoguz:

> Is there an equivalent of the LaTeX "\includeonly" ?

You can place individual chapters in components and use the mode
mechanism:

  \startproduct *

  \startmodeset
    [alpha] {\component [alpha]}
    [beta]  {\component [beta]}
    [gamma] {\component [gamma]}
  \stopmodeset

  \stopproduct

Then compile with `context --mode=alpha,gamma main.tex`.

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Project_structure

Marco

* Re: Equivalent of Includeonly?
@ 2012-11-19  8:56   ` Schmitz Thomas A.
From: Schmitz Thomas A. @ 2012-11-19  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-11-19  8:47 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-11-19  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.11.2012 um 09:30 schrieb H. Özoguz <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

> Is there an equivalent of the LaTeX "\includeonly" ? - I'm working on books (nearly only on books), so such a command would speed up my work.

No there isn’t.

@Hans: With with \includeonly and \excludeonly command you can specify which external files should be included in the document by the \inlcude{…} (a special version of \input{…}) command.

When you add \includeonly{one,three} in the following example only the files “one.tex” and “three.tex” will be included and the other two are ignored. With \excludeonly{two,three} the files “one.tex” and “four.tex” are read but two and three are ignored.

\startproduct mydocument

\component one
\component two
\component three