* underbar/margin text
@ 2012-09-03 11:08 Daniel Schopper
From: Daniel Schopper @ 2012-09-03 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have to typeset some underlined text with margin notes by its side. Is
there a way to prevent the notes themself to get underlined?  I tried
putting the note-command in a group, simplifying its content etc. (In my
real file I use \defineinmargin, btw.)

\starttext
\underbar{Test Test Test\footnote{footnote}~Test Test Test\par
Test\inleft{marginal} Test Test Test Test Test \par}
\stoptext

(As one can see, there’s also an issue with the footnote-sign breaking
the continued line, which is not urgent for me, at least by now.)

Cheers,
Daniel

* Re: underbar/margin text
@ 2012-11-20 13:07 ` Daniel Schopper
From: Daniel Schopper @ 2012-11-20 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,
sorry to have to ask again, but I haven't been able to find a solution
to this by now… Is there no way to prevent underlining in marginal notes
when it is inside an underlined group? It shouldn’t be too difficult as
it does work with footnotes, but I have no clue where to start…

\starttext
\underbar{%
	Test Test Test\footnote{footnote}~Test Test Test\par
	Test\inleft{marginal} Test Test Test Test Test \par
}
\stoptext

Any help is very much appreciated!
Daniel

* Re: underbar/margin text
@ 2012-11-21  7:50   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2012-11-21  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Daniel Schopper <daniel.schopper@aon.at>wrote:

> Dear all,
> sorry to have to ask again, but I haven't been able to find a solution to
> this by now… Is there no way to prevent underlining in marginal notes when
> it is inside an underlined group? It shouldn’t be too difficult as it does
> work with footnotes, but I have no clue where to start…
>
> \starttext
> \underbar{%
>
>         Test Test Test\footnote{footnote}~Test Test Test\par
>         Test\inleft{marginal} Test Test Test Test Test \par
> }
> \stoptext
>

> Any help is very much appreciated!
>
> Daniel

maybe it can help you, considering that underbar is a controversial
typographic style, to separate  text at the margin from the rest

\starttext
\underbar{%

        Test Test Test\footnote{footnote}~Test Test Test\par
        Test\inleft{marginal} Test Test Test Test Test \par
}

\startbar[underbar]

        Test Test Test\footnote{footnote}~Test Test Test\par
        Test%
\stopbar%
\inleft{marginal}%
\startbar[underbar]
        Test Test Test Test Test \par
\stopbar

%\setupbars[unit=mm,rulethickness=1]     bar\startbar[underbar]foo\stopbar
bar\blank
%\setupbars[unit=ex,rulethickness=1]     bar\startbar[underbar]foo\stopbar
bar\blank
%\setupbars[unit=pt,rulethickness=1]     bar\startbar[underbar]foo\stopbar
bar\blank
%\setupbars[unit=pt,rulethickness=10pt]  bar\startbar[underbar]foo\stopbar
bar

\stoptext

--
luigi

* Re: underbar/margin text
@ 2012-11-21  8:36 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-11-21  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.09.2012 um 13:08 schrieb Daniel Schopper <daniel.schopper@aon.at>:

> Hi,
> I have to typeset some underlined text with margin notes by its side. Is there a way to prevent the notes themself to get underlined?  I tried putting the note-command in a group, simplifying its content etc. (In my real file I use \defineinmargin, btw.)
>
> \starttext
> \underbar{Test Test Test\footnote{footnote}~Test Test Test\par
> Test\inleft{marginal} Test Test Test Test Test \par}
> \stoptext
>
> (As one can see, there’s also an issue with the footnote-sign breaking the continued line, which is not urgent for me, at least by now.)

Footnotes disable the rule with the \resetallattributes command but it’s up to Hans to add it to the margin notes.

Wolfgang

* Re: underbar/margin text
@ 2012-11-21  8:42   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2012-11-21  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Wolfgang Schuster <
wolfgang.schuster@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 03.09.2012 um 13:08 schrieb Daniel Schopper <daniel.schopper@aon.at>:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have to typeset some underlined text with margin notes by its side. Is
> there a way to prevent the notes themself to get underlined?  I tried
> putting the note-command in a group, simplifying its content etc. (In my
> real file I use \defineinmargin, btw.)
> >
> > \starttext
> > \underbar{Test Test Test\footnote{footnote}~Test Test Test\par
> > Test\inleft{marginal} Test Test Test Test Test \par}
> > \stoptext
> >
> > (As one can see, there’s also an issue with the footnote-sign breaking
> the continued line, which is not urgent for me, at least by now.)
>
> Footnotes disable the rule with the \resetallattributes command but it’s
> up to Hans to add it to the margin notes.
>
> but you can add by hand
\starttext
\underbar{%

        Test Test Test\footnote{footnote}~Test Test Test\par
        Test\inleft{\resetallattributes \color[red]{\overbar{marginal}}}
Test Test Test Test Test \par
}

\stoptext

--
luigi

* Re: underbar/margin text
@ 2012-11-21  8:52     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-11-21  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.11.2012 um 09:42 schrieb luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com>:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Am 03.09.2012 um 13:08 schrieb Daniel Schopper <daniel.schopper@aon.at>:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have to typeset some underlined text with margin notes by its side. Is there a way to prevent the notes themself to get underlined?  I tried putting the note-command in a group, simplifying its content etc. (In my real file I use \defineinmargin, btw.)
> >
> > \starttext
> > \underbar{Test Test Test\footnote{footnote}~Test Test Test\par
> > Test\inleft{marginal} Test Test Test Test Test \par}
> > \stoptext
> >
> > (As one can see, there’s also an issue with the footnote-sign breaking the continued line, which is not urgent for me, at least by now.)
>
> Footnotes disable the rule with the \resetallattributes command but it’s up to Hans to add it to the margin notes.
>
> but you can add by hand
> \starttext
> \underbar{%
>
>         Test Test Test\footnote{footnote}~Test Test Test\par
>         Test\inleft{\resetallattributes \color[red]{\overbar{marginal}}} Test Test Test Test Test \par
> }
>
> \stoptext

and disable features which rely on attributes :)

\starttext
Test\inleft[color=blue]{\resetallattributes marginal} Test
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: underbar/margin text
@ 2012-11-21  9:02       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2012-11-21  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Wolfgang Schuster <
wolfgang.schuster@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 21.11.2012 um 09:42 schrieb luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com>:
>

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Wolfgang Schuster <
> wolfgang.schuster@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Am 03.09.2012 um 13:08 schrieb Daniel Schopper <daniel.schopper@aon.at>:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > I have to typeset some underlined text with margin notes by its side.
>> Is there a way to prevent the notes themself to get underlined?  I tried
>> putting the note-command in a group, simplifying its content etc. (In my
>> real file I use \defineinmargin, btw.)
>> >
>> > \starttext
>> > \underbar{Test Test Test\footnote{footnote}~Test Test Test\par
>> > Test\inleft{marginal} Test Test Test Test Test \par}
>> > \stoptext
>> >
>> > (As one can see, there’s also an issue with the footnote-sign breaking
>> the continued line, which is not urgent for me, at least by now.)
>>
>> Footnotes disable the rule with the \resetallattributes command but it’s
>> up to Hans to add it to the margin notes.
>>
>> but you can add by hand
> \starttext
> \underbar{%
>
>         Test Test Test\footnote{footnote}~Test Test Test\par
>         Test\inleft{\resetallattributes \color[red]{\overbar{marginal}}}
> Test Test Test Test Test \par
> }
>
> \stoptext
>

> and disable features which rely on attributes :)
>
> \starttext
> Test\inleft[color=blue]{\resetallattributes marginal} Test
> \stoptext

exactly, that's the meaning of my prev. line
\inleft{\resetallattributes \color[red]{\overbar{marginal}}}

"reset all attributes and turn on some of them."
Can help in some situations.

* Re: underbar/margin text
@ 2012-11-21  9:12         ` Daniel Schopper
From: Daniel Schopper @ 2012-11-21  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you very much, Wolfgang and Luigi,
that was exactly what I was looking for!

 >>     Footnotes disable the rule with the \resetallattributes command
 >>     but it’s up to Hans to add it to the margin notes.
Maybe there could be parameter like
\setupmarginframed[resetfeatures=(yes|no|underbar|color|…)] …

(I know that underbar is controversial feature, unfortunately in this
special case it's a requirement which I can't change…)

Best,
Daniel

Am 21.11.12 10:02, schrieb luigi scarso:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Wolfgang Schuster
> <wolfgang.schuster@gmail.com <mailto:wolfgang.schuster@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Am 21.11.2012 um 09:42 schrieb luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com
>     <mailto:luigi.scarso@gmail.com>>:
>

>>     On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Wolfgang Schuster
>>     <wolfgang.schuster@gmail.com <mailto:wolfgang.schuster@gmail.com>>
>>     wrote:
>>

>>         Am 03.09.2012 um 13:08 schrieb Daniel Schopper
>>         <daniel.schopper@aon.at <mailto:daniel.schopper@aon.at>>:
>>
>>         > Hi,
>>         > I have to typeset some underlined text with margin notes by
>>         its side. Is there a way to prevent the notes themself to get
>>         underlined?  I tried putting the note-command in a group,
>>         simplifying its content etc. (In my real file I use
>>         \defineinmargin, btw.)
>>         >
>>         > \starttext
>>         > \underbar{Test Test Test\footnote{footnote}~Test Test Test\par
>>         > Test\inleft{marginal} Test Test Test Test Test \par}
>>         > \stoptext
>>         >
>>         > (As one can see, there’s also an issue with the
>>         footnote-sign breaking the continued line, which is not urgent
>>         for me, at least by now.)
>>
>>         Footnotes disable the rule with the \resetallattributes
>>         command but it’s up to Hans to add it to the margin notes.
>>
>>     but you can add by hand
>>     \starttext
>>     \underbar{%
>>
>>             Test Test Test\footnote{footnote}~Test Test Test\par
>>             Test\inleft{\resetallattributes
>>     \color[red]{\overbar{marginal}}} Test Test Test Test Test \par
>>     }
>>
>>     \stoptext
>
>     and disable features which rely on attributes :)
>
>     \starttext
>     Test\inleft[color=blue]{\resetallattributes marginal} Test
>     \stoptext
>

> exactly, that's the meaning of my prev. line
> \inleft{\resetallattributes \color[red]{\overbar{marginal}}}
>
> "reset all attributes and turn on some of them."
> Can help in some situations.

* Re: underbar/margin text
@ 2012-11-21  9:18           ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-11-21  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.11.2012 um 10:12 schrieb Daniel Schopper <daniel.schopper@aon.at>:

> Thank you very much, Wolfgang and Luigi,
> that was exactly what I was looking for!
>
> >>     Footnotes disable the rule with the \resetallattributes command
> >>     but it’s up to Hans to add it to the margin notes.
> Maybe there could be parameter like \setupmarginframed[resetfeatures=(yes|no|underbar|color|…)] …

There is no need for such a setting because the command has to be added at the begin of \margindata
which doesn’t cause problems with colors etc. which are applied later in the process.

Wolfgang

* Re: underbar/margin text
@ 2012-11-21 12:08   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-11-21 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/21/2012 9:36 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 03.09.2012 um 13:08 schrieb Daniel Schopper <daniel.schopper@aon.at>:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have to typeset some underlined text with margin notes by its side. Is there a way to prevent the notes themself to get underlined?  I tried putting the note-command in a group, simplifying its content etc. (In my real file I use \defineinmargin, btw.)
>>
>> \starttext
>> \underbar{Test Test Test\footnote{footnote}~Test Test Test\par
>> Test\inleft{marginal} Test Test Test Test Test \par}
>> \stoptext
>>
>> (As one can see, there’s also an issue with the footnote-sign breaking the continued line, which is not urgent for me, at least by now.)
>
> Footnotes disable the rule with the \resetallattributes command but it’s up to Hans to add it to the margin notes.

so we would have (in typo-mar):

\appendtoks
     \forgetall
     \tf
     \resetallattributes % \deactivatecolor % needed, but maybe we
should switch to maintextcolor: \onlyinheritmaintextcolor
\to \everymargindatacontent

we can try that for a while and see where it spoils the game

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE