Hi all, I'm working with some code that was developed by someone else. The document I'm typesetting is now giving the following error: ! Missing number, treated as zero. \otr:1:27 \OTRSETdoifcellelse ...er #1:\number #2\endcsname \@EA \secondoftwoarguments... \@@ar@@1 ...ellelse {\mofcolumns }\columnlastcell {\global \advance \columnl... \redoloop ->\expandrecursecontent \endofloop { 28 ... l.12 \startabblist { ? I haven't been able to figure out what's wrong or how to fix it. I had just made changes to refactor the definitions of fonts. (I confirmed that these changes really are a necessary cause of the error: when I back out just these changes, the error goes away.) >From the above error message I understand the error was detected during the expansion of \startabblist. Here's the definition of abblist: % Abbreviations \definestartstop [abblist] [before={\setupbackgrounds[text][background=verticalline] \starttextbackground[text] \setuptab[headstyle={\switchtobodyfont[SansB,\SansBsize]},width=20mm,location=left] \startcolumnset[abbcolumn] \startalignment[flushleft,nothyphenated]}, after={\stopalignment \stopcolumnset \stoptextbackground \setupbackgrounds[text][background=off]}] >From that, one might guess that the font SansB or the font dimension \SansBsize were the problem. But those definitions haven't changed (though I would like to confirm that empirically with a run-time trace message). Here are the font settings changes that did occur: E16fonts.tex: changed this block: \definefont[SerifXLI][name:GentiumBookBasic-Italic at 10pt] \definefont[SerifXXL][name:GentiumBookBasic at 12pt] \definefont[SerifXXLB][name:GentiumBookBasic-Bold at 12pt] to use size dimensions defined elsewhere: \definefont[SerifXLI][name:GentiumBookBasic-Italic at \XLfontsize] \definefont[SerifXXL][name:GentiumBookBasic at \XXLfontsize] \definefont[SerifXXLB][name:GentiumBookBasic-Bold at \XXLfontsize] E16settings.tex: I added these definitions: \define\XLfontsize{14pt} \define\XXLfontsize{16pt} There are modes involved, so things are a bit more complicated, but I believe that is the only effective difference. I also created a log file, which I'll attach. There is also a version with \tracingmacros=1, but it's 600K, so I'll put it at http://www.huttar.net/tmp/country-report-country_id-15-tracing.log Thanks for taking a look. Please let me know what further information I need to provide. I can provide the .tex files themselves upon request. I would especially like to know better techniques for debugging -- how I can induce TeX/ConTeXt to tell me more about what's going on. I realize that as a macro language, this is inherently difficult with TeX. We are heavily invested in XeTeX, so switching to LuaTeX in the near term is not an option. ConTeXt version: ConTeXt ver: 2012.05.30 11:26 MKII fmt: 2012.11.14 int: english/english (From TeX Live 2012) XeTeX version: 3.1415926-2.4-0.9998 (TeX Live 2012) (format=cont-en 2012.11.14) Lars