* Bibliography in authornum format
@ 2013-01-14 16:12 Devendra Ghate
From: Devendra Ghate @ 2013-01-14 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I am using ConTeXt  ver: 2013.01.10 01:04 MKIV and here is the MWE.

I would like to create numbered bibliography with *Author name [1]*
format. If multiple authors are present then it should produce *Author
/et al./ [1]*. This does not happen. Instead I get *Author, [1]*. Since
I am new to ConTeXt, I might be making a basic mistake.
Devendra
---------------
\setupbibtex[database={bib}]
% As suggested by Aditya on TEX SX.
\setuppublications[alternative=num, refcommand=authornum]
\starttext
   I am refering to \cite{me13} .
   \placepublications[criterium=text]
\stoptext
----------------
bib.bib
----------------
@article{me13,
         title = {This bibliography in context},
         author = {Convert, Recent and User, Power and Fiddler, Amateur},
         journal = {Tex SX},
         volume = {1},
         number = {1},
         pages = {1-11},
         year = {2013},
}
---------------

* Re: Bibliography in authornum format
@ 2013-01-14 18:10 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-01-14 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013, Devendra Ghate wrote:

> I am using ConTeXt  ver: 2013.01.10 01:04 MKIV and here is the MWE.
>
> I would like to create numbered bibliography with *Author name [1]* format.
> If multiple authors are present then it should produce *Author /et al./ [1]*.
> This does not happen. Instead I get *Author, [1]*. Since I am new to ConTeXt,
> I might be making a basic mistake.
> Devendra
> ---------------
> \setupbibtex[database={bib}]
> % As suggested by Aditya on TEX SX.
> \setuppublications[alternative=num, refcommand=authornum]
> \starttext
>  I am refering to \cite{me13} .
>  \placepublications[criterium=text]
> \stoptext
> ----------------
> bib.bib
> ----------------
> @article{me13,
>        title = {This bibliography in context},
>        author = {Convert, Recent and User, Power and Fiddler, Amateur},
>        journal = {Tex SX},
>        volume = {1},
>        number = {1},
>        pages = {1-11},
>        year = {2013},
> }
> ---------------

As I had explained in http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/93743/323, the
definition of \bibauthornumref needs to be updated to:

\def\dobibauthornumref#1%
  {\bibinsertrefsep
   \doifbibreferencefoundelse{#1}
     {\begingroup
      \cite[left=,right=,alternative=author][#1]%
      \bibalternative\c!inbetween
      \cite[num][#1]%
      \endgroup}
     {}}

Aditya

* Re: Bibliography in authornum format
@ 2013-01-14 19:45   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-01-14 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/14/2013 7:10 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> As I had explained in http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/93743/323, the
> definition of \bibauthornumref needs to be updated to:
>
> \def\dobibauthornumref#1%
>   {\bibinsertrefsep
>    \doifbibreferencefoundelse{#1}
>      {\begingroup
>       \cite[left=,right=,alternative=author][#1]%
>       \bibalternative\c!inbetween
>       \cite[num][#1]%
>       \endgroup}
>      {}}