I am using a layout with wide right margin. For floats that are \textwidth wide, I can place captions in the margin using**\setupcaption[location=rightmargin,high/low]. However, for figures that are (*\textwidth+\marginwidth+\margindistance*) wide, I would like to *place the caption in the margin below the figure*. I have tried spacebefore=\vskip but it doesn't seem to do anything. Another option was to use default caption location (below the figure) and add \hspace before figure placement. None of these work as I am not able to make spacebefore do anything. *MWE* \setuplayout[width=5cm, height=13cm,rightmargin=5cm] \setupexternalfigures[option=empty] \setupfloat[figure][location=inner] % \setupcaption [figure] [width=5cm, location={rightmargin,low}, spacebefore=big] %\setupcaption %[figure] %[width=5cm] \starttext \showframe \placefigure{A small but important caption.}{\externalfigure[cow][width=10cm]} \stoptext