From: Alain Delmotte <esperanto@swing.be>
Subject: Re: Some questions
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 20:17:38 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

Le 25/01/2013 15:47, Marco Patzer a écrit :
> On 2013–01–25 Alain Delmotte wrote:
>>   - The example at the bottom of page 11 and page 12 gives me an
>> error:
>>   ! Argument of \head has an extra }.
>
> \starttext
> \startitemize
>    \starthead kraamschudden\hfill (child welcoming) \stophead
[...]
>      Abraham or a Sarah. Speculaas is a kind of hard spiced biscuit.
> \stopitemize
> \stoptext

Thanks, it works.

>> - The tables pages 30-31-32-35 are not at the right position on the
>> page, mostly they are to the right and not centered.
>
> I did not try all example, but this seems to work here. Can you
> provide a minimal example and say what you expect to be different?

In another example before, the locations for floats was
changed to right and so all tables where to the right,
except the last which had a location=left.

>> - The chemical formulae give an error (pages 37-38), but I'll come
>> back to that later on, but what is the manual about it?
>
> Hans and Alan are in the process of completely re-writing the
> chemical macros. I don't know the current state.

OK I'll wait

>> - The boxes on page 45, second example are not at the right
>> position, particularly the second is on the same line as the first.
>> \leftaligned
>> {\inframed[width=fit]{People in Hasselt}}
>> \midaligned
>> {\inframed[height=1.5cm,frame=off]{have a}}
>> \rightaligned
>> {\inframed[background=screen]{historic background}}
>
> In MkIV there's a new syntax you can use:
>
> \startlinealignment [left]
>    \inframed[width=fit]{People in Hasselt}
> \stoplinealignment
>
> \startlinealignment [middle]
>    \inframed[height=1.5cm,frame=on]{have a}
> \stoplinealignment
>
> \startlinealignment [right]
>    \inframed[background=screen]{historic background}
> \stoplinealignment
>
> I did not investigate why the middle alignment is on the same line
> as the left alignment and if that's intended or not.

OK, it works, but I do not get the result of the book, I'll
investigate.

>> What are the up todate manuals for MkIV?
>
> I'm afraid there are none (and probably never will be). The wiki
> improved an awful lot during the last months, especially the command
> reference. There's also the revised manual, tex.stackexchange and of
> course the mailing list.

Waiting the book announced by Alan, I'll try to use the wiki
and existing modified books.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Alain