* Some more question, ex "Context an excursion"
@ 2013-01-27 15:25 Alain Delmotte
From: Alain Delmotte @ 2013-01-27 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: liste ConTeXt

Hi,

Using MkIV and the latest(?) standalone version.
Continuing "Context an excursion"!

Thanks for your help,

Alain

1) How to force line jump to avoid overfull \hbox,
particularly with more or less narrow columns?

2) I did insert \showlayout just before \stoptext and I get
4 pages with the same information!!!

3) On page 77, I get an error:

\defineparagraphs[city][n=2,before=,after=]
\city Hasselt (Ov) \\ Overijssel \\
\city Hasselt (Li) \\ Limburg    \\
\startpacked
\city Hasselt (Ov) \\ The Netherlands \\
\city Hasselt (Li) \\ Belgium         \\
\stoppacked
------------------error message
! Undefined control sequence.

system          > tex > error on line 868 in file
travail.tex: Undefined control sequence ...

858     \blank
859     The affix is a leftover from the times that the
Netherlands and
860     Belgium were one country under the reign of King
Philip II of Spain.
861     \blank[2*big]
862     Hasselt in Belgium lies in the province of Limburg.
One wonders if
863     the Belgian people write Hasselt (Li) on their letters.
864
865     Pour supprimer l'espace pour un bloc, il y a
\type{\startpacked...\stoppacked}
866
867     \defineparagraphs[city][n=2,before=,after=]
868 >>  \city Hasselt (Ov) \\ Overijssel \\
869     \city Hasselt (Li) \\ Limburg    \\
870     \startpacked
871     \city Hasselt (Ov) \\ The Netherlands \\
872     \city Hasselt (Li) \\ Belgium         \\
873     \stoppacked
874
875
876
877
878

\stopparagraphscell ->\typo_paragraphs_stop_cell
                                                  \let
\typo_paragraphs_stop_...
\city ->\stopparagraphscell
                             \startparagraphscell
l.868 \city
             Hasselt (Ov) \\ Overijssel \\
?

* Re: Some more question, ex "Context an excursion"
@ 2013-01-27 15:50 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-01-27 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 27.01.2013 um 16:25 schrieb Alain Delmotte <esperanto@swing.be>:

> Hi,
>
> Using MkIV and the latest(?) standalone version.
> Continuing "Context an excursion"!
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Alain
>
> 1) How to force line jump to avoid overfull \hbox, particularly with more or less narrow columns?

Add \setuptolerance[verytolerant] or \setuptolerance[stretch] (or both settings simultaneously)
to your document to enable font expansion and protrusion.

> 2) I did insert \showlayout just before \stoptext and I get 4 pages with the same information!!!
>
> 3) On page 77, I get an error:
>
> \defineparagraphs[city][n=2,before=,after=]
> \city Hasselt (Ov) \\ Overijssel \\
> \city Hasselt (Li) \\ Limburg    \\
> \startpacked
> \city Hasselt (Ov) \\ The Netherlands \\
> \city Hasselt (Li) \\ Belgium         \\
> \stoppacked
> ------------------error message
> ! Undefined control sequence.

Make working minimal example of the problems, it takes always time to create one first
to check which something fails.

The problem here is that Hans removed this simple form to use the environment,
what’s possible in MkIV can be seen in the example below (taken form the source).

\defineparagraphs[sample][n=2,rule=on]

\starttext

\startsample
    first  \nextsample
    second \nextsample
    third
\stopsample

\startsample
    \input tufte \nextsample
    \input ward  \nextsample
    \input davis \nextsample
    \input zapf
\stopsample

\startparagraphs[sample]
    first  \nextsample
    second \nextsample
    third
\stopparagraphs

\startparagraphs[sample]
    \startparagraphscell
        first
    \stopparagraphscell
    \startparagraphscell
        second
    \stopparagraphscell
    \startparagraphscell
        third
    \stopparagraphscell
\stopparagraphs

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Some more question, ex "Context an excursion"
@ 2013-01-27 17:07   ` Alain Delmotte
From: Alain Delmotte @ 2013-01-27 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Wolfgang and sorry for not providing WME.

Alain

Le 27/01/2013 16:50, Wolfgang Schuster a écrit :

[...]

@ 2013-01-27 19:29 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-01-27 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/27/2013 4:25 PM, Alain Delmotte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using MkIV and the latest(?) standalone version.
> Continuing "Context an excursion"!

fyi: my collegue is currently updating the excursion to mkiv

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE