* Multi-page textbackground ignores topoffset
@ 2012-10-18 22:07 Nicholas Ulle
From: Nicholas Ulle @ 2012-10-18 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there any way to get a multi-page textbackground to respect topoffset on
each page? From the second page onwards, it leaves no offset at the top. I
don't think I can use background instead, as I'm nesting the textbackgound
under itemize and also use itemize within it (correct me if this works
okay?). A minimal example (note context live doesn't display the frame,
which is sort of necessary to see the problem):

\definetextbackground[Test][
location=paragraph,
topoffset=1em, bottomoffset=1em,
leftoffset=1em, rightoffset=1em,
frame=on, framecolor=black]

\starttext
This is some text outside of a text background.

\startTest
\dorecurse{10}{\input tufte \par \input knuth \par}
\stopTest

This is more text outside of a text background.
\stoptext

Kip Warner started a thread about this several months ago, but it seems to
have died before anyone offered a solution.

Thanks,
Nick

* Re: Multi-page textbackground ignores topoffset
@ 2012-10-25 21:00 ` Nicholas Ulle
From: Nicholas Ulle @ 2012-10-25 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I tried working around this by wrapping the textbackground in a background
with the correct topoffset and then manually correcting for the itemize
indent, but on the first page this doubles the topoffset  and introduces
problems with the bottomoffset. If this gives anyone an idea for a
workaround, though, I'd be grateful to hear about it.

Would this behavior of textbackground regarding topoffset be considered a
bug, or a missing feature? Are the any plans to do anything about it in the
future?

Thanks,
Nick

@ 2013-01-30 17:25 ` Andre Caldas
From: Andre Caldas @ 2013-01-30 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nicholas,

> Is there any way to get a multi-page textbackground to respect
> topoffset on each page? From the second page onwards,
> it leaves no offset at the top.

I have the same problem. A small-not-so-good-hack would be to define a
tiny backgroundoffset as well. This messes the layout a little... but
you might think it is better then having no offset at all...

André Caldas.

* Re: Multi-page textbackground ignores topoffset
@ 2013-01-30 17:41   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-01-30 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/30/2013 6:25 PM, Andre Caldas wrote:
> Nicholas,
>
>> Is there any way to get a multi-page textbackground to respect
>> topoffset on each page? From the second page onwards,
>> it leaves no offset at the top.
>
> I have the same problem. A small-not-so-good-hack would be to define a
> tiny backgroundoffset as well. This messes the layout a little... but
> you might think it is better then having no offset at all...

injecting top of page spacing could mess up a lot of things ... ypu
could play with topskip and such

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE