* Re: Adobe Garamond with Simplefont
       [not found] <mailman.713.1360280141.2489.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2013-02-08 17:13 ` "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-02-08 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thanks Aditja, now I have the output:

adobegaramondpro          agaramondprobold
-Bold.otf
adobegaramondprobold      agaramondprobold
-Bold.otf
adobegaramondproitalic    agaramondprobolditalic
-BoldItalic.otf
adobegaramondpronormal    agaramondproitalic
-Italic.otf
adobegaramondproregular   agaramondprobold
-Bold.otf

and everything works fine! Thank you very much!

Huseyin

@ 2013-02-08 23:40 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-02-08 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/8/2013 6:16 PM, "H. Özoguz" wrote:
> Ok, not everything works fine, now everything is bold. So ConTeXt cant
> recognize the different versions (normal, bold, italic) from adobe
> garamond pro correctly. But I use them without simplefonts, then it
> works. Why it is so hard for hard to recognize them correctly, I saw
> that for other fonts, too. Whereelse other programs do not have these
> problems.

it all depends on to what extent the style can be derived from the
(internal) names

when there is much choice it might be better to define a < 10 lines
typescript ... see examples in type-imp-* files

if context couldn't handle bold etc it wouldn't be that useful

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-02-08 17:16 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-02-08 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2013-02-07 21:19 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-02-07 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2013-02-07 20:39 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-02-07 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

With

@ 2013-02-07 19:13 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-02-07 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.02.2013 um 19:42 schrieb "H. Özoguz" <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

> The list is:
>
> […]
>
> But ebgaramond08 or 12 is not Adobe Garamond Pro. So I tried just "Garamond", and it worked! But why? In the list of fonts in Windows the name is "Adobe Garamond Pro", the same in all programs I mentioned.

Can you change the font search to

  mtxrun --script font --list --all adobegaramond*

Wolfgang

* Re: Adobe Garamond with Simplefont
@ 2013-02-07 18:42 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-02-07 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

The list is:

ebgaramond                        ebgaramond08regular
mond08-Regular.otf
ebgaramond08regular               ebgaramond08regular
mond08-Regular.otf
ebgaramond08regularsmallcaps      ebgaramond08sc
mond08-SC.otf
ebgaramond08sc                    ebgaramond08sc
mond08-SC.otf
ebgaramond12allsc                 ebgaramond12allsc
mond12-AllSC.otf
ebgaramond12allscnormal           ebgaramond12allsc
mond12-AllSC.otf
ebgaramond12italic                ebgaramond12italic
mond12-Italic.otf
ebgaramond12regular               ebgaramond12regular
mond12-Regular.otf
ebgaramond12regularallsmallcaps   ebgaramond12allsc
mond12-AllSC.otf
ebgaramond12regularsmallcaps      ebgaramond12sc
mond12-SC.otf
ebgaramond12sc                    ebgaramond12sc
mond12-SC.otf
ebgaramondinitials                ebgaramondinitials
mond-Initials.otf
ebgaramondinitialsf1              ebgaramondinitialsf
mond-InitialsF1.otf
ebgaramondinitialsf2              ebgaramondinitialsf
mond-InitialsF2.otf
ebgaramondinitialsfill1           ebgaramondinitialsf
mond-InitialsF1.otf
ebgaramondinitialsfill1normal     ebgaramondinitialsf
mond-InitialsF1.otf
ebgaramondinitialsfill1regular    ebgaramondinitialsf
mond-InitialsF1.otf
ebgaramondinitialsfill2           ebgaramondinitialsf
mond-InitialsF2.otf
ebgaramondinitialsfill2normal     ebgaramondinitialsf
mond-InitialsF2.otf
ebgaramondinitialsfill2regular    ebgaramondinitialsf
mond-InitialsF2.otf
ebgaramondinitialsnormal          ebgaramondinitials
mond-Initials.otf
ebgaramondinitialsregular         ebgaramondinitials
mond-Initials.otf
ebgaramonditalic                  ebgaramond12italic
mond12-Italic.otf
ebgaramondnormal                  ebgaramond08regular
mond08-Regular.otf
ebgaramondregular                 ebgaramond08regular
mond08-Regular.otf
ebgaramondsc                      ebgaramond08sc
mond08-SC.otf
garamond                          garamondantiqua
ttf

But ebgaramond08 or 12 is not Adobe Garamond Pro. So I tried just
"Garamond", and it worked! But why? In the list of fonts in Windows the
name is "Adobe Garamond Pro", the same in all programs I mentioned. I
would like to understand the fond handeling of ConTeXt.
Thanks!

Huseyin

* Re: Adobe Garamond with Simplefont
@ 2013-02-07 18:26 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-02-07 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.02.2013 um 18:49 schrieb H. Özoguz <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

> Hi there,
>
> did I formulate it unclear, can I describe my problem in a better way? I would be thankful for hints, because I would like it very much to use Adobe Garamond with ConTeXt, like it is very easy to use it in WinWord, or Corel Draw, or many other programs I use. Obviously a minimal example could not clarify this, so what should I do? Does any other ConTexT-User uses this Font?

Can you send the list of the valuable fonts you get with

  mtxrun --script font --list --all garamond

Wolfgang

* Re: Adobe Garamond with Simplefont
@ 2013-02-07 17:49 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-02-07 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi there,

did I formulate it unclear, can I describe my problem in a better way? I
would be thankful for hints, because I would like it very much to use
Adobe Garamond with ConTeXt, like it is very easy to use it in WinWord,
or Corel Draw, or many other programs I use. Obviously a minimal example
could not clarify this, so what should I do? Does any other ConTexT-User
uses this Font?

Thanks you.
Huseyin

* Adobe Garamond with Simplefont
@ 2013-02-05 19:37 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-02-05 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi there,

I wanted to use Adobe Garamond Pro by:

\usemodule [simplefonts][size=10.5pt]

\setmainfont[name:Adobe Garamond Pro][expansion=quality,protrusion=quality]

\setupalign [hanging]

But it fails by the following error:

+++++++++++++++++
fonts > bodyfont 10.5pt is defined (can better be done global)

fonts > bodyfont 12.6pt is defined (can better be done global)

fonts > bodyfont 8.4pt is defined (can better be done global)

fonts > defining > font with asked name 'Adobe Garamond Pro' is not
found using lookup 'name'

fonts > defining > unknown font Adobe Garamond Pro, loading aborted

fonts > defining > unable to define Adobe Garamond Pro as
[simplefonts:1-10.5pt-rm-tf--0]

)

structures > begin of sectionblock frontpart

fonts > defining > font with asked name 'Adobe Garamond Pro' is not
found using lookup 'name'

fonts > defining > unknown font Adobe Garamond Pro, loading aborted

fonts > defining > unable to define Adobe Garamond Pro as
[thedefinedfont--0]

fonts > defining > font with asked name 'Adobe Garamond Pro' is not
found using lookup 'name'

fonts > defining > unknown font Adobe Garamond Pro, loading aborted

fonts > defining > unable to define Adobe Garamond Pro as
[thedefinedfont--0]

fonts > defining > font with asked name 'Adobe Garamond Pro' is not
found using lookup 'name'

fonts > defining > unknown font Adobe Garamond Pro, loading aborted

fonts > defining > unable to define Adobe Garamond Pro as
[simplefonts:1-10.5pt-rm-tf--4]

So it seems that the name is wrong? In Windows the name is "Adobe
Garamond Pro", how to find the correct name for ConTeXt?

And by the way: What does mean "fonts > bodyfont 10.5pt is defined (can
better be done global)", what to do better?

Thanks
Huseyin