From: Jose Luis Diaz <jldiaz@telecable.es>
Cc: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Subject: Re[2]: Q: Keeping blocks together
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:20:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Hans,

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.
You wrote:

Hans> % this way you get no interference between color, spacing and penalties

Hans> \definestartstop
Hans>    [Question]
Hans>    [before={\startitemize[2]\item},
Hans>     after={\stopitemize\page[no]}]

Hans> \defineframedtext
Hans>    [Answer]
Hans>    [foregroundcolor=red,
Hans>     width=\textwidth,
Hans>     after={\page[preference]}]

Hans> \setupcolors[state=start]

Hans> combined with column sets (work in progresss, so it has bugs)

Hans> \definecolumnset[twocolumns][n=2]
[...]

\definecolumnset  is not understood by my version of ConTeXt, I assume
that  is  a  new  module in development stage. Anyway, is it available
anywhere?

On  the other hand, I tried the suggested setup, without using columns
at  all,  and  (sadly) I keep getting page breaks between the Question
and  the Answer (*real* page breaks this time, not column breaks since
there  are  no  columns).  Perhaps  some  of the environments add some
vertical  space  that  prevents  the penalties to be applied? (I don't
know  if  this  has  any  sense,  I  never  really  understood the TeX
page-breaking mechanism)

--
Greetings,
 Jose                            mailto:jldiaz@telecable.es