* TeX Live 2013 --- until when can we work on the man pages?
@ 2013-04-05 12:57 Sietse Brouwer
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Sietse Brouwer @ 2013-04-05 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I didn't get around to working on the man pages these past 2 weeks.
Now, I just saw this timing plan on the TeX Live website:
http://www.tug.org/texlive/

March 27: sources committed, builds begin.
April 8: tlnet (and TL'12) frozen, tlpretest starts, CTAN updates
continue there.
May 20: complete freeze for final build, no more updates, final doc
tweaks, always more testing.

Does this mean any improvements to the man pages should be in on April
8; or that you want them May 20; or has the deadline already passed
and are any improvements due next year? Mojca, perhaps you know this?

Cheers,
Sietse

* Re: TeX Live 2013 --- until when can we work on the man pages?
@ 2013-04-05 13:01 ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2013-04-05 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Does this mean any improvements to the man pages should be in on April
> 8; or that you want them May 20; or has the deadline already passed
> and are any improvements due next year? Mojca, perhaps you know this?

  The tlnet freeze means that there won't be any updates to TeX Live
2012 from that point, i. e., existing installations of TeX Live 2012
won't get any package updates using tlmgr. The relevant date for you is
20 May.

	Arthur

* Re: TeX Live 2013 --- until when can we work on the man pages?
@ 2013-04-05 13:04 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2013-04-05 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Sietse Brouwer wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I didn't get around to working on the man pages these past 2 weeks.
> Now, I just saw this timing plan on the TeX Live website:
> http://www.tug.org/texlive/
>
> March 27: sources committed, builds begin.
> April 8: tlnet (and TL'12) frozen, tlpretest starts, CTAN updates
> continue there.
> May 20: complete freeze for final build, no more updates, final doc
> tweaks, always more testing.
>
> Does this mean any improvements to the man pages should be in on April
> 8; or that you want them May 20; or has the deadline already passed
> and are any improvements due next year? Mojca, perhaps you know this?

The first import of a recent ConTeXt into TeX Live should happen
around 8th April, but there will be time for updates and to fix
problems after that.

I believe that 20th May should be fine (but the date is not set in
stone yet, so it may vary a bit depending on feedback and problems).

Mojca

* Re: TeX Live 2013 --- until when can we work on the man pages?
@ 2013-04-05 13:37 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-04-05 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/5/2013 2:57 PM, Sietse Brouwer wrote:

> I didn't get around to working on the man pages these past 2 weeks.
> Now, I just saw this timing plan on the TeX Live website:
> http://www.tug.org/texlive/

No hurry with that ... it's not like context users are using those pages
frequently. Lets's stick with what we have not for texlive 2013 and let
improvements go into versions after current.

> March 27: sources committed, builds begin.
> April 8: tlnet (and TL'12) frozen, tlpretest starts, CTAN updates
> continue there.
> May 20: complete freeze for final build, no more updates, final doc
> tweaks, always more testing.
>
> Does this mean any improvements to the man pages should be in on April
> 8; or that you want them May 20; or has the deadline already passed
> and are any improvements due next year? Mojca, perhaps you know this?

Unless something is badly broken we'll freeze, won't we? At some point I
want to go ahead,

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE