* Re: Ancient Greek
@ 2004-08-23 13:12 Steffen Wolfrum
       [not found] ` <a06002001bd4f9bf706e6@[62\.134\.76\.8]>
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2004-08-23 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta@iol.it> wrote:

> Download Claudio Beccari's fonts. (cbgreek)

Well, I did download the whole archive (71MB).

I used to install type1 fonts in ConTeXt with ONE afm file and ONE pfb file by executing sudo texfont --fontroot=... --sourcepath=... --vendor=ctan --collection=cbgreek --makepath --install

But what should I do with an archive of 944 pfb files ??? Jesus!

Steffen

* Re[2]: Ancient Greek
       [not found] ` <a06002001bd4f9bf706e6@[62\.134\.76\.8]>
@ 2004-08-23 13:58   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2004-08-23 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Monday, August 23, 2004 Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta@iol.it> wrote:

>> Download Claudio Beccari's fonts. (cbgreek)

> Well, I did download the whole archive (71MB).

> I used to install type1 fonts in ConTeXt with ONE afm file
> and ONE pfb file by executing sudo texfont --fontroot=...
> --sourcepath=... --vendor=ctan --collection=cbgreek
> --makepath --install

> But what should I do with an archive of 944 pfb files ??? Jesus!

Is it that big? I can't help you because it comes preinstalled
with MiKTeX and it surely isn't that big ...

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Ancient Greek
       [not found] ` <a06002001bd4f9bf706e6@[62\.134\.76\.8]>
@ 2004-08-23 15:25 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-08-23 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Karl Berry

Hi Steffen,

>Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta@iol.it> wrote:
>Download Claudio Beccari's fonts. (cbgreek)
>

>> <>
>> Well, I did download the whole archive (71MB).

This the archive is inded very big, and takes some probably unzips in some more MBytes, thereby taking more that 10% of the tex live cd!

Maybe it makese sense to determine a suitable subset (like the list that GB used to define the cbgreek typescript); also, i wonder if scaling really affects the quality. Are these real type 1's or converted bitmaps?

Since you're the user who wants greek most, can you make such a list?

  \showfont[fontname] can be of help ...

Maybe tex live can benefit from it.

Hans

PS. Karl: interesting to keep an eye on in the perspective of keeping tex live within reasonable size.

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE