From: Lars Huttar <lars_huttar@sil.org>
Subject: Re: Missing number error, related to setupcolumnsetlines
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:56:10 -0400	[thread overview]

On /Mon Apr 22 18:59:07 CEST 2013, Hans Hagen wrote:
/
> On 4/22/2013 4:24 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
> >/ On /Fri Apr 19 21:36:41 CEST 2013 /Hans Hagen wrote:
> />>/ On 4/18/2013 11:13 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
> />>>/ / \definecolumnset [abbcolumn] [n=2,distance=5mm,balancing=yes]
> />>/ />/
> />>/ />/      \setupcolumnsetlines[abbcolumn][1][1][60]
> />>/ />/      \setupcolumnsetlines[abbcolumn][1][2][60]
> />>/ /
> />>/ the 60 exceeds the number of lines
> />/
> />/ Hans, thanks for responding.
> />/
> />/ I don't understand the above statement. What number of lines does 60
> />/ exceed? Is there a hard-coded limit? (We didn't seem to have a problem
> />/ with this code before we migrated from XeTeX / mkii to LuaTeX / mkiv,
> />/ but I couldn't guarantee what else is different.)
> /
> Column sets allocates a box for each line but does that dynamically
> (i.e. at the start of a columnset) but the min/max settings in the above
> command don't check for that so if you have a 55 line layout you get an
> overflow.

OK, I think I understand now.

> >/ Is there a workaround for us now?
> /
> I've added a check.

I'm not sure what this means. I guess it will prevent the error message
from occurring.
Is it something I would get from a nightly development snapshot?
If so, where do I find it?

But it also sounds like there's no point in our having a setting of 60
lines when there are only 42 lines in our layout (that's the number
above which this error occurs). So I need to either tweak our layout, or
reduce the number of lines I'm asking for in a columnset.

Thanks,
Lars