* [***SPAM***] Wrong °C symbol with \unit and dejavu font
@ 2013-05-16 20:26 Romain Diss
From: Romain Diss @ 2013-05-16 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all,

With this minimal example:
%%% start
\setupbodyfont[dejavu]
\starttext
  Temperature : \unit{100 celsius}.
\stoptext
%%% end

I get the °F symbol instead of °C. With lmodern or pagella (I did not try
other fonts) the right symbol (°C) is printed.

Any idea of what goes wrong?

--
Romain Diss
<romain.diss@yahoo.fr>

* Re:  Wrong °C symbol with \unit and dejavu font
@ 2013-05-16 21:27 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-05-16 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.05.2013 um 22:26 schrieb Romain Diss <romain.diss@yahoo.fr>:

> Hi all,
>
> With this minimal example:
> %%% start
> \setupbodyfont[dejavu]
> \starttext
>  Temperature : \unit{100 celsius}.
> \stoptext
> %%% end
>
> I get the °F symbol instead of °C. With lmodern or pagella (I did not try
> other fonts) the right symbol (°C) is printed.
>
> Any idea of what goes wrong?

It’s a typo in phys-dim.mkiv.

\unexpanded\def\checkedtextcelsius
  {\iffontchar\font"2103\relax\iffontchar\font"2109\relax
-    ℉\else\phys_units_text_celsius\fi\else\phys_units_text_celsius
+    ℃\else\phys_units_text_celsius\fi\else\phys_units_text_celsius
   \fi}

Wolfgang

* Re:  [***SPAM***] Wrong °C symbol with \unit and dejavu font
@ 2013-05-16 21:56 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-05-16 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/16/2013 10:26 PM, Romain Diss wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> With this minimal example:
> %%% start
> \setupbodyfont[dejavu]
> \starttext
>    Temperature : \unit{100 celsius}.
> \stoptext
> %%% end
>
> I get the °F symbol instead of °C. With lmodern or pagella (I did not try
> other fonts) the right symbol (°C) is printed.
>
> Any idea of what goes wrong?

just a wrong reference .. fixed

btw, Does anyone know how i can get rid of this useless green "signature
fields detected" bar that after the last acrobat reader update pops up
every time i open a document typeset by context (no fun on an already
not so high 1080 screen).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-05-16 22:39   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2013-05-16 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.05.2013 23:56, schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 5/16/2013 10:26 PM, Romain Diss wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> With this minimal example:
>> %%% start
>> \setupbodyfont[dejavu]
>> \starttext
>>    Temperature : \unit{100 celsius}.
>> \stoptext
>> %%% end
>>
>> I get the °F symbol instead of °C. With lmodern or pagella (I did not try
>> other fonts) the right symbol (°C) is printed.
>>
>> Any idea of what goes wrong?
>
> just a wrong reference .. fixed
>
> btw, Does anyone know how i can get rid of this useless green "signature
> fields detected" bar that after the last acrobat reader update pops up
> every time i open a document typeset by context (no fun on an already
> not so high 1080 screen).

You can try

Edit>Preferences>Forms>Always hide forms document message bar

That reminds me to test the pile example with the new Acroreader. I hope
Adobe has done a better job here. If it's not fixed (reported at the
beginning of the year), I will sell it as exploit ;-)

Peter

@ 2013-05-16 23:00     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-05-16 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/17/2013 12:39 AM, Peter Rolf wrote:
> Am 16.05.2013 23:56, schrieb Hans Hagen:
>> On 5/16/2013 10:26 PM, Romain Diss wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> With this minimal example:
>>> %%% start
>>> \setupbodyfont[dejavu]
>>> \starttext
>>>     Temperature : \unit{100 celsius}.
>>> \stoptext
>>> %%% end
>>>
>>> I get the °F symbol instead of °C. With lmodern or pagella (I did not try
>>> other fonts) the right symbol (°C) is printed.
>>>
>>> Any idea of what goes wrong?
>>
>> just a wrong reference .. fixed
>>
>> btw, Does anyone know how i can get rid of this useless green "signature
>> fields detected" bar that after the last acrobat reader update pops up
>> every time i open a document typeset by context (no fun on an already
>> not so high 1080 screen).
>>

> You can try
>
> Edit>Preferences>Forms>Always hide forms document message bar

thanks, somehow i didn't relate that one to it when going through all
these settings; it had taken me by surprise, this one; there was time
when i had betas and could be prepared for it as well as check for
potential issues with tex output

(for the first time i'm seriously thinking of replacing acrobat reader
in my regular preview cycle, if only because there seems to be no robust
way to open/close docs i.e. pdfopen has to be adapted each time)

> That reminds me to test the pile example with the new Acroreader. I hope
> Adobe has done a better job here. If it's not fixed (reported at the
> beginning of the year), I will sell it as exploit ;-)

i used to have some similar buggy test files somewhere but probably lost
them in the meantime

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-05-16 23:07       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2013-05-16 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 1:00 AM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> (for the first time i'm seriously thinking of replacing acrobat reader in
> my regular preview cycle, if only because there seems to be no robust way
> to open/close docs i.e. pdfopen has to be adapted each time)

mupdf uses SIGHUP under linux -- does windows offer a similar way ?

Perhaps CreateEvent ?

--
luigi

* Re:  [***SPAM***] Wrong °C symbol with \unit and dejavu font
@ 2013-05-17  7:53         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-05-17  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/17/2013 1:07 AM, luigi scarso wrote:

> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 1:00 AM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl
> <mailto:pragma@wxs.nl>> wrote:
>

>     (for the first time i'm seriously thinking of replacing acrobat
>     reader in my regular preview cycle, if only because there seems to
>     be no robust way to open/close docs i.e. pdfopen has to be adapted
>     each time)
>
> mupdf uses SIGHUP under linux -- does windows offer a similar way ?

we only want to close a file, not the whole session

> Perhaps CreateEvent ?

I don't know the details but there is some message api for acrobat i think

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-05-17  9:18           ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-05-17  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 17 May 2013 09:53:48 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> > mupdf uses SIGHUP under linux -- does windows offer a similar way ?
>
> we only want to close a file, not the whole session

"Sending a SIGHUP signal to the mupdf process will also cause the viewed
file to be reloaded automatically, for use in e.g. build scripts."

Alan

(Also, zathura is another lightweight PDF viewer.)

* Re:  [***SPAM***] Wrong °C symbol with \unit and dejavu font
@ 2013-05-17  9:25             ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2013-05-17  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 May 2013 09:53:48 +0200
> Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
> > > mupdf uses SIGHUP under linux -- does windows offer a similar way ?
> >
> > we only want to close a file, not the whole session
>
> "Sending a SIGHUP signal to the mupdf process will also cause the viewed
> file to be reloaded automatically, for use in e.g. build scripts."
>
> Alan

maybe I'm wrong, but sumatrapdf already does it in windows.
Anyway, the problem is always the same: if acroreader is able to open the
file, then the file is ok, otherwise no.

--
luigi

* Re:  [***SPAM***] Wrong °C symbol with \unit and dejavu font
@ 2013-05-17  9:47               ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-05-17  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/17/2013 11:25 AM, luigi scarso wrote:

> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr
> <mailto:alan.braslau@cea.fr>> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, 17 May 2013 09:53:48 +0200
>     Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl <mailto:pragma@wxs.nl>> wrote:
>
>      > > mupdf uses SIGHUP under linux -- does windows offer a similar way ?
>      >
>      > we only want to close a file, not the whole session
>
>     "Sending a SIGHUP signal to the mupdf process will also cause the viewed
>     file to be reloaded automatically, for use in e.g. build scripts."
>
>     Alan
>
> maybe I'm wrong, but sumatrapdf already does it in windows.
> Anyway, the problem is always the same: if acroreader is able to open
> the file, then the file is ok, otherwise no.

some time ago i tested them all and there were always issues (speed,
quality) with complex graphics ... okular from kde windows works quite
well but lacks some features

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-05-17 11:20             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-05-17 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/17/2013 11:18 AM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> On Fri, 17 May 2013 09:53:48 +0200
> Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>>> mupdf uses SIGHUP under linux -- does windows offer a similar way ?
>>
>> we only want to close a file, not the whole session
>
> "Sending a SIGHUP signal to the mupdf process will also cause the viewed
> file to be reloaded automatically, for use in e.g. build scripts."
>
> Alan
>
> (Also, zathura is another lightweight PDF viewer.)

sumatrapdf seems quite ok now, so i'll test that one for a while

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE