* Enclosing the year in round brackets in online citation.
@ 2013-05-31 14:53 Thomas Friedrich
From: Thomas Friedrich @ 2013-05-31 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

A question to the \cite command. Following,

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bibliography

I defined

\def\onlinecite{\cite[left=,right=]}

so that I can cite bib-entries online in the text.  However, I need to
enclose the year of a citation in round-brackets.

At the moment, I get: Jon Doe, 2013, has shown that...
But I need: Jon Doe (2013) has shown that..., as this is required.

I couldn't find any reference what I can do with \cite and what
possibilities there are. Any idea?

Thank you for your help.

Thomas

* Re: Enclosing the year in round brackets in online citation.
@ 2013-05-31 15:24 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2013-05-31 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 05/31/2013 04:53 PM, Thomas Friedrich wrote:
> I couldn't find any reference what I can do with \cite and what
> possibilities there are. Any idea?
>
> Thank you for your help.

This seems to work, though it looks bizarre to me:

\def\onlinecite{\cite[inbetween={ },right={)}]}

\setuppublications
             [refcommand=authoryear]

For future questions: please do not send code snippets, but minimal
examples which can be compiled. And the wiki page on bibliographies has
a reference to the bibmod manual, which is where I found information on
this topic. Have you looked at it?

Thomas