* \completecontent affects text height
@ 2014-02-18 21:20 Thangalin
From: Thangalin @ 2014-02-18 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

First question:

1. Save http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=8DQNCcvC as setup.tex
2. Save http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=KgcxCxGB as garlic.tex
3. Run: context garlic.tex
4. View page 3 of the PDF ( http://i.imgur.com/VLwssnl.png )
5. Edit garlic.tex.
6. Remove \completecontent
7. Run: context garlic.tex
8. View page 3 of the PDF ( http://i.imgur.com/HVAoavQ.png )

The Table of Contents affects the column height in the body. The
available height for the text body should be independent of
\completecontent. The total height should be as shown in the second
example, with or without the ToC.

How can this be resolved?

Second question:

How would you remove the white space above each subsection title so
that the title is aligned to the top of its column?

Third question:

How would you prevent widowing of subsection titles from their
content? I tried "ntop=2" and "\setuptolerance[tolerant]", but neither
affected the result.

Thank you!

* Re: \completecontent affects text height
@ 2014-02-18 22:36 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-02-18 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 18.02.2014 um 22:20 schrieb Thangalin <thangalin@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> First question:
>
> 1. Save http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=8DQNCcvC as setup.tex
> 2. Save http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=KgcxCxGB as garlic.tex
> 3. Run: context garlic.tex
> 4. View page 3 of the PDF ( http://i.imgur.com/VLwssnl.png )
> 5. Edit garlic.tex.
> 6. Remove \completecontent
> 7. Run: context garlic.tex
> 8. View page 3 of the PDF ( http://i.imgur.com/HVAoavQ.png )
>
> The Table of Contents affects the column height in the body. The
> available height for the text body should be independent of
> \completecontent. The total height should be as shown in the second
> example, with or without the ToC.
>
> How can this be resolved?

Change

  \setuphead[chapter,section,subsection][header=none]

  \setuphead[chapter,section,subsection][header=high]

> Second question:
>
> How would you remove the white space above each subsection title so
> that the title is aligned to the top of its column?

Play with the grid key for mixed columns, e.g. grid=strut removes the space before the heading.

BTW: The context version of your \IngredientMeasure command can be written as:

  \define[1]\IngredientMeasure
    {\doifsomething{#1}{#1}}

Wolfgang

* Re: \completecontent affects text height
@ 2014-02-19  0:34   ` Thangalin
From: Thangalin @ 2014-02-19  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you Wolfgang!

The header=high and mixed columns works perfectly.

>   \define[1]\IngredientMeasure
>     {\doifsomething{#1}{#1}}

This didn't work. For example, "24 snail" became "24snail" because
there is no measurement involved. I tried using { #!} (extra space),
but it didn't produce the desired result.

After making the changes, I noticed that the column text extends into
the footer:

1. http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=is5cCp94 (works with setup.tex).
2. http://i.imgur.com/n1c6GFK.png

Any ideas how to stop columnar text from overflowing into the footer?

P.S.
In a different theme, the vertical rule extends beyond the text height
into the footer: http://i.imgur.com/XEpGQN5.png  -- I haven't isolated
this issue, but it might be related.

Thank you again!