From: David Arnold <dwarnold45@suddenlink.net>
Subject: Re: Miktex
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 22:38:38 -0700	[thread overview]

Mojca,

I a hopeless mac user at home now. I used to be pretty good with
miktex, even working with hans to test the settings that now exist in
the texexec.rme file, back in the days when we made that an .ini file
in Miktex. But no longer.

It's our school machines I am trying to configure, PC's with Windows
XP. I got to a point today where I selected the formats tab in the
Miktex Settings gui, and tried to build cont-en there. It objected
that it could not find cont-en.ini in tex/something or other so I
tried moving cont-en.ini from the context distribution to tex/
something or other and updating the filename database to no avail.

I'll give your idea of no spaces a try tomorrow. Meanwhile if you can
think of anything less drastic, as I have to do this on 20 different
machines, ....

Thanks so much.

David.