From: "Bryant Eastham" <beastham@pewla.us.pewg.panasonic.com>
Subject: Re: Page Numbering Hell
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:34:10 -0600	[thread overview]

Aditya, Luigi, others-

Thank you for your responses. I appreciate the candid answers, and the
time you took to provide examples.

Regarding Aditya's example, I do not get any errors, running LuaTeX,
MKIV, beta-0.43.0-2009091520.

However, I also do not get romannumerals in the frontpart, and
pagenumbers do not reset to 1 at the beginning of each section.

The magic command appears to be "definestructureconversionset", which is
not documented that I can see on http://texshow.contextgarden.net/. A
search of the wiki results in a single match, which is not a complete
example. Google led me to many snippets and emails, mostly
non-functional. This was leading me down the same rabbit hole that I was
going into before.

Given other's responses, I think to stick with MKII for now. I will do
as some have suggested, and keep my eye on MKIV while it stops "moving".

In particular, thanks to Taco for his concise summary of the differences
between texexec and context (and quick fix of my reported bug). Yes, it
did answer my question.

-Bryant