* suggestion: setups for \startitem
@ 2013-07-04  7:32 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2013-07-04  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

this is just a small suggestion for the interface: since a while, we've
had \startitem \stopitem. Would it be possible / feasible / interesting
to add a bit of configuration to it? I tried looking at the source. but
couldn't find anything. This minimal example explains what I mean:

\starttext

\startitemize
\item One
\item Two
\sym{$\Rightarrow$} Three
\stopitemize

\startitemize
  \startitem
   One
  \stopitem
  \startitem
   Two
  \stopitem
  \startitem[sym=$\Rightarrow$]
   Three
  \stopitem
\stopitemize

\stoptext

How to achieve the result of #1 with the syntax in #2?

Thanks and best wishes

Thomas

* Re: suggestion: setups for \startitem
@ 2013-07-06 10:10 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-07-06 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 04.07.2013 um 09:32 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de>:

> Hi,
>
> this is just a small suggestion for the interface: since a while, we've had \startitem \stopitem. Would it be possible / feasible / interesting to add a bit of configuration to it? I tried looking at the source. but couldn't find anything. This minimal example explains what I mean:
>
> \starttext
>
> \startitemize
> \item One
> \item Two
> \sym{$\Rightarrow$} Three
> \stopitemize
>

> \startitemize
> \startitem
>  One
> \stopitem
> \startitem
>  Two
> \stopitem
> \startitem[sym=$\Rightarrow$]
>  Three
> \stopitem
> \stopitemize
>
> \stoptext
>
> How to achieve the result of #1 with the syntax in #2?

You have the change the definition for \startitem but I would go for a bigger change which includes also \head, \txt etc.

To do this one could write

  \startitem[alternative=head,text=…]

one could use it as synonym for \starthead or with

  \startitem[alternative=symbol,text=…]

as alternative for \sym. Since references are lost with this method you can write “reference=…” in the argument.

Wolfgang

* Re: suggestion: setups for \startitem
@ 2013-07-06 12:58   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-07-06 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> To do this one could write
>
>    \startitem[alternative=head,text=…]
>
> one could use it as synonym for \starthead or with
>
>    \startitem[alternative=symbol,text=…]
>
> as alternative for \sym. Since references are lost with this method you can write “reference=…” in the argument.

Currently I'm a bit careful with changes as I'm using a 'copy' of
context mkiv that has been adapted to a potential upcoming Lua related
speedup that Luigi and I are working on. We will present most of that at
the context conference (among other things).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE