* linenumbering in columnsets (or different solution?)
@ 2013-07-09 17:36 Thomas A. Schmitz
       [not found] ` <51DD322E.80506@wxs.nl>
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2013-07-09 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want a document with two columns; left column is poetry, so I want the
lines to be numbered. Unfortunately, linenumbering doesn't appear to
work in columns(ets), so my next attempt was to produce a third, very
narrow column which displays the line numbers. However, columnsets with
different columns is not implemented in mkiv, AFAICS. Examples:

No line numbers:

\setuppapersize[A4,landscape][A4,landscape]

\setuplayout[grid=yes]

\definecolumnset [numbered] [n=2]
\setupcolumnset [numbered] [distance=0.5cm,frame=on]

\starttext

\startcolumnset [numbered]

\startlinenumbering[step=1,location=text]
Poetry

One

Word

Per

Line

is

Poetic
\stoplinenumbering

\column[local]

Two

\column[local]
\stopcolumnset

\stoptext

Works only in mkii:

\setuppapersize[A4,landscape][A4,landscape]

\setuplayout[grid=yes]

\definecolumnset [numbered] [n=2]
\setupcolumnset [numbered] [distance=0.5cm,frame=on]

\starttext

\startcolumnset [numbered]

\startlinenumbering[step=1,location=text]
Poetry

One

Word

Per

Line

is

Poetic
\stoplinenumbering

\column[local]

Two

\column[local]
\stopcolumnset

\stoptext

Any solution?

All best

Thomas

* Re: linenumbering in columnsets (or different solution?)
@ 2013-07-10 10:05 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found] ` <51DD322E.80506@wxs.nl>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-07-10 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Hi,
>
> I want a document with two columns; left column is poetry, so I want the
> lines to be numbered. Unfortunately, linenumbering doesn't appear to
> work in columns(ets), so my next attempt was to produce a third, very
> narrow column which displays the line numbers. However, columnsets with
> different columns is not implemented in mkiv, AFAICS. Examples:

i'll send you a patch to play with

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-07-10 12:38   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2013-07-10 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 07/10/2013 12:06 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 7/9/2013 7:36 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>
>> I want a document with two columns; left column is poetry, so I want the
>> lines to be numbered. Unfortunately, linenumbering doesn't appear to
>> work in columns(ets), so my next attempt was to produce a third, very
>> narrow column which displays the line numbers. However, columnsets with
>> different columns is not implemented in mkiv, AFAICS. Examples:
>
> \unprotect
>
> % in cont-new.mkiv:

Thanks Hans, this works! Will it make it into the core for the next beta?

Thomas