* weird interaction in linenotes command (again)
@ 2013-07-17 17:46 Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-07-17 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

sorry for posting this again, but I don’t know how to solve this issue
and I really need your help.

I have the following sample:

    \setuppapersize[A6]
    \newcounter\LineNote

    \setupnote[linenote][paragraph=yes]
    \setupnotation[linenote][alternative=serried]

    \define[2]\Variant
      {\increment\LineNote
       \startlinenote[LineNote:\LineNote]{#2}#1%
       \stoplinenote[LineNote:\LineNote]}

    \starttext

    \startlinenumbering
    \dorecurse{10}{\Variant{\showhyphens{legislation}not
    original}{variant} \Variant{\showhyphens{legibility}origin}
    {variants} }
    \stoplinenumbering
    \stoptext

The problem here is that \Variant gets always #1 not hyphenated,
although \showhyphens works fine in that argument.

The cause of this is the \increment command within \Variant. I don’t
know why this happens, but the increment is required by \Variant to make
sense at all.

I guess this might be a bug. Is there no possible workaround for this?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: weird interaction in linenotes command (again)
@ 2013-07-17 19:05 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-07-17 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.07.2013 um 19:46 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:

> Dear list,
>
> sorry for posting this again, but I don’t know how to solve this issue
> and I really need your help.
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>    \setuppapersize[A6]
>    \newcounter\LineNote
>
>    \setupnote[linenote][paragraph=yes]
>    \setupnotation[linenote][alternative=serried]
>
>    \define[2]\Variant
>      {\increment\LineNote
>       \startlinenote[LineNote:\LineNote]{#2}#1%
>       \stoplinenote[LineNote:\LineNote]}
>
>    \starttext
>
>    \startlinenumbering
>    \dorecurse{10}{\Variant{\showhyphens{legislation}not
>    original}{variant} \Variant{\showhyphens{legibility}origin}
>    {variants} }
>    \stoplinenumbering
>    \stoptext
>
> The problem here is that \Variant gets always #1 not hyphenated,
> although \showhyphens works fine in that argument.
>
> The cause of this is the \increment command within \Variant. I don’t
> know why this happens, but the increment is required by \Variant to make
> sense at all.
>
> I guess this might be a bug. Is there no possible workaround for this?

I have no solution but a better example because it’s a bug in the reference mechanism
(also used by line notes) as shown below.

\setuppapersize[A6]

\starttext

\dorecurse{10}{not original }

\dorecurse{10}{not \pagereference[test:#1]original }

\stoptext

The problem is the following code in the reference macros (str-ref.mkvi),
when the box code is commented the hyphenation works.

\unexpanded\def\strc_references_set_named_reference_indeed#kind#labels#userdata#text% labels userdata text -> todo: userdata
  {...
   % will become an option:
   \ifnum\lastdestinationattribute>\zerocount
     \dontleavehmode\hbox attr \destinationattribute\lastdestinationattribute\bgroup
       \strc_references_flush_destination_nodes
     \egroup
   \fi}

Wolfgang

* Re: weird interaction in linenotes command (again)
@ 2013-07-18 10:21   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-07-18 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

> \unexpanded\def\strc_references_set_named_reference_indeed#kind#labels#userdata#text% labels userdata text -> todo: userdata
>    {...
>     % will become an option:
>     \ifnum\lastdestinationattribute>\zerocount
>       \dontleavehmode\hbox attr \destinationattribute\lastdestinationattribute\bgroup
>         \strc_references_flush_destination_nodes
>       \egroup

\prewordbreak % experiment

>     \fi}
>
> Wolfgang

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-07-18 15:38     ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-07-18 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 18/07/13 12:21, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 7/17/2013 9:05 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> \unexpanded\def\strc_references_set_named_reference_indeed#kind#labels#userdata#text% labels userdata text -> todo: userdata
>>    {...
>>     % will become an option:
>>     \ifnum\lastdestinationattribute>\zerocount
>>       \dontleavehmode\hbox attr \destinationattribute\lastdestinationattribute\bgroup
>>         \strc_references_flush_destination_nodes
>>       \egroup
>
> \prewordbreak % experiment
>
>>     \fi}

Many thanks for your replies, Wolfgang and Hans.

Hans, I’m afraid that your patch fixes Wolfgang’s sample, but not mine.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2013-07-18 19:31       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-07-18 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 18.07.2013 um 17:38 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:

> On 18/07/13 12:21, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 7/17/2013 9:05 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>
>>> \unexpanded\def\strc_references_set_named_reference_indeed#kind#labels#userdata#text% labels userdata text -> todo: userdata
>>>   {...
>>>    % will become an option:
>>>    \ifnum\lastdestinationattribute>\zerocount
>>>      \dontleavehmode\hbox attr \destinationattribute\lastdestinationattribute\bgroup
>>>        \strc_references_flush_destination_nodes
>>>      \egroup
>>
>> \prewordbreak % experiment
>>
>>>    \fi}
>
> Many thanks for your replies, Wolfgang and Hans.
>
> Hans, I’m afraid that your patch fixes Wolfgang’s sample, but not mine.
>
> Many thanks for your help,

New minimal example:

\setuppapersize[A6]

\starttext

\dorecurse{10}{not original }

\blank

\dorecurse{10}{\startline[test:1:#1]not original\stopline[test:1:#1] }

\blank

\dorecurse{10}{\startline[test:2:#1]not original\prewordbreak\stopline[test:2:#1] }

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: weird interaction in linenotes command (again)
@ 2013-07-18 20:41         ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-07-18 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 18/07/13 21:31, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> [...]
> New minimal example:
> [...]
> \dorecurse{10}{\startline[test:2:#1]not original\prewordbreak\stopline[test:2:#1] }

Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.

Now I understand what was required here and what \prewordbreak does
(modifying strc-ref.mkvi was Greek to me).

This fixes the issue with my command.

Many thanks again for your help,

Pablo
--