From: "Stéphanie Vilayphiou" <stephanie@stdin.fr>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Installing context on a web server
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 15:29:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,
I am using Context to produce PDF out of a website.
It works well on my local machine, but I can't seem to install Context
system-wise on my server.

I first installed Context as a single-user on the server with
first-setup.sh.
Then I realized I needed Context to be accessed by any user.

So I tried to run first-setup.sh in /opt/context as root.
First of all, I have troubles with rsync connections through first-setup.sh.

"""
rsync: failed to connect to contextgarden.net: Connection timed out (110)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
[Receiver=3.0.7]

resolvers       | resolving | warning: no lua configuration files found
resolvers       | resolving | no texmf paths are defined (using TEXMF)
resolvers       | resolving |
mtxrun          | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
mtx-update      | state, loaded
mtx-update      |
mtx-update      | update, startrsync: failed to connect to
contextgarden.net: Connection timed out (110)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
[Receiver=3.0.7]

mtx-update      | run, rsync -rpztlv --delete
contextgarden.net::'minimals/current/context/beta/'
'/opt/context/tex/texmf-context'rsync: failed to connect to
contextgarden.net: Connection timed out (110)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
[Receiver=3.0.7]

mtx-update      | run, rsync -rpztlv
contextgarden.net::'minimals/current/bin/common/linux-64/
minimals/current/bin/context/linux-64/
minimals/current/bin/metapost/linux-64/ minimals/current/bin/man/
minimals/current/bin/luatex/linux-64/
minimals/current/bin/xetex/linux-64/
minimals/current/bin/luatex/linux-64/
minimals/current/bin/pdftex/linux-64/
minimals/current/bin/luatex/linux-64/
minimals/current/bin/luajittex/linux-64/' '/opt/context/tex/texmf-linux-64'
"""

So I copy/pasted the files from the single-user install in /opt/context/.
Then Context runs only if I source it with: "source
/opt/context/tex/setuptex" but putting it in my $PATH doesn't work and
it disappears from my path when I come back to su.

"""
root@erba-web1:~# echo $PATH
     /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
root@erba-web1:~# PATH=$PATH:/opt/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin
root@erba-web1:~# echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/opt/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin
root@erba-web1:~# exit
$ sudo su
root@erba-web1:/home/admin_esad# echo $PATH
     /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
"""

(actually this $PATH thing doesn't work either on my local machine, I
have to source it every time I want to use it...)

Any idea?
Stéphanie

--
----