* overlay lifts image slightly
@ 2013-07-21 17:13 Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-07-21 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following sample code (http://www.ousia.tk/overlay.pdf):

    \setuppapersize[S6]
    \usemodule[simplefonts][size=30pt]
    \definesimplefonttypeface[sfserif][Free Serif][scale=10]
    \setupmakeup[standard][align=middle]
    \starttext

    \startstandardmakeup
    \dontleavehmode\externalfigure[text-icon.pdf]
    [scale=5000]
    \stopstandardmakeup

    \startstandardmakeup
    \dontleavehmode\startoverlay
      {\externalfigure[text-icon.pdf]
    [scale=5000]}{\sfserif\color[red]{✘}}\stopoverlay\stopoverlay
    \stopstandardmakeup

    \stoptext

For some reason unknown to me, the overlay in the second slide has the
background image slightly lifted. All I have realized is that replacing
✘ with x shows no image lift, but I need ✘.

Is there any way to avoid this image lift?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: overlay lifts image slightly
@ 2013-07-21 17:24 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-07-21 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.07.2013 um 19:13 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:

> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample code (http://www.ousia.tk/overlay.pdf):
>
>    \setuppapersize[S6]
>    \usemodule[simplefonts][size=30pt]
>    \definesimplefonttypeface[sfserif][Free Serif][scale=10]
>    \setupmakeup[standard][align=middle]
>    \starttext
>
>    \startstandardmakeup
>    \dontleavehmode\externalfigure[text-icon.pdf]
>    [scale=5000]
>    \stopstandardmakeup
>
>    \startstandardmakeup
>    \dontleavehmode\startoverlay
>      {\externalfigure[text-icon.pdf]
>    [scale=5000]}{\sfserif\color[red]{✘}}\stopoverlay\stopoverlay
>    \stopstandardmakeup
>
>    \stoptext
>
> For some reason unknown to me, the overlay in the second slide has the
> background image slightly lifted. All I have realized is that replacing
> ✘ with x shows no image lift, but I need ✘.
>
> Is there any way to avoid this image lift?

You have to increase the size of the image to mage it bigger than the ✘, you can do this
by wrapping it into a frame, e.g. \framed[frame=off,offset=1cm]{\externalfigure[…]}.

Wolfgang

* Re: overlay lifts image slightly
@ 2013-07-21 17:55   ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-07-21 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21/07/13 19:24, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 21.07.2013 um 19:13 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
>> [...]
>> For some reason unknown to me, the overlay in the second slide has the
>> background image slightly lifted. All I have realized is that replacing
>> ✘ with x shows no image lift, but I need ✘.
>>
>> Is there any way to avoid this image lift?
>
> You have to increase the size of the image to mage it bigger than the ✘, you can do this
> by wrapping it into a frame, e.g. \framed[frame=off,offset=1cm]{\externalfigure[…]}.

Many thanks for your gast reply, Wolfgang.

I‘m afraid that the frame itself lifts the image. Frame and overlay lift
the image also. PDF at http://ousia.tk/overlay.pdf.

I must be doing something wrong. Here is my code:

\setuppapersize[S6]
\setupinteraction[state=start]
\setupinteractionscreen[option=max]
\usemodule[simplefonts][size=30pt]
\setmainfont[KerkisSans]
\definesimplefonttypeface[sfserif][Free Serif][scale=10]
\setupmakeup[standard][align=middle]
\starttext

\startstandardmakeup
\dontleavehmode\externalfigure[Documents/Presentations/al-abordaje/text-icon.pdf]
[scale=5000]
\stopstandardmakeup

\startstandardmakeup
\dontleavehmode\framed[frame=on,offset=1cm]{\externalfigure[Documents/Presentations/al-abordaje/text-icon.pdf][scale=5000]}
\stopstandardmakeup

\startstandardmakeup
\dontleavehmode\startoverlay{\framed[frame=on,offset=1cm]{\externalfigure[Documents/Presentations/al-abordaje/text-icon.pdf][scale=5000]}}{\sfserif\color[red]{✘}}\stopoverlay\stopoverlay
\stopstandardmakeup

\stoptext

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2013-07-21 18:29     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-07-21 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.07.2013 um 19:55 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:

> On 21/07/13 19:24, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Am 21.07.2013 um 19:13 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
>>> [...]
>>> For some reason unknown to me, the overlay in the second slide has the
>>> background image slightly lifted. All I have realized is that replacing
>>> ✘ with x shows no image lift, but I need ✘.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to avoid this image lift?
>>
>> You have to increase the size of the image to mage it bigger than the ✘, you can do this
>> by wrapping it into a frame, e.g. \framed[frame=off,offset=1cm]{\externalfigure[…]}.
>
> Many thanks for your gast reply, Wolfgang.
>
> I‘m afraid that the frame itself lifts the image. Frame and overlay lift
> the image also. PDF at http://ousia.tk/overlay.pdf.

You have to write \smash[d]{\startoverlay …\stopoverlay} to get the same output with the overlay.

The \framed command isn’t necessary here.

You should also try to make minimal examples when possible only with default images and fonts.

Wolfgang

* Re: overlay lifts image slightly
@ 2013-07-21 18:51       ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-07-21 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21/07/13 20:29, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 21.07.2013 um 19:55 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
> [...]
>> I‘m afraid that the frame itself lifts the image. Frame and overlay lift
>> the image also. PDF at http://ousia.tk/overlay.pdf.
>
> You have to write \smash[d]{\startoverlay …\stopoverlay} to get the same output with the overlay.
>
> The \framed command isn’t necessary here.
>
> You should also try to make minimal examples when possible only with default images and fonts.

Many thanks for your help, Wolfgang.

I works right now.

Pablo
--