* faking fonts with simplefonts
@ 2013-07-26 20:22 Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-07-26 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I don’t get slanted fonts that I have to fake for a monospaced typeface
that lacks an italic font.

Here is a sample with a standard font that shows the same problem:

    \usemodule[simplefonts]
    \definefontfeature[fakeitalic][default][slant=.25]
    \setmonofont[DejaVu Sans Mono][italicfont={*},
      italicfeatures=fakeitalic]
    \setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]
    \starttext
    \tex{define}{\tt\em<nombredelaclasedeelemento>},
    {\tt\em<nombredelaclasedeelemento>}.
    \stoptext

I can only get the second \em working, unless I don’t fake it.

What am I doing wrong here?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: faking fonts with simplefonts
@ 2013-07-27  4:48 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-07-27  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 26.07.2013 um 22:22 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:

> Dear list,
>
> I don’t get slanted fonts that I have to fake for a monospaced typeface
> that lacks an italic font.
>
> Here is a sample with a standard font that shows the same problem:
>
>    \usemodule[simplefonts]
>    \definefontfeature[fakeitalic][default][slant=.25]
>    \setmonofont[DejaVu Sans Mono][italicfont={*},
>      italicfeatures=fakeitalic]
>    \setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]
>    \starttext
>    \tex{define}{\tt\em<nombredelaclasedeelemento>},
>    {\tt\em<nombredelaclasedeelemento>}.
>    \stoptext
>
> I can only get the second \em working, unless I don’t fake it.
>
> What am I doing wrong here?

It’s a (already mentioned) LuaTeX bug.

Wolfgang

* Re: faking fonts with simplefonts
@ 2013-07-27  7:31   ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-07-27  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27/07/13 06:48, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 26.07.2013 um 22:22 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
>
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I don’t get slanted fonts that I have to fake for a monospaced typeface
>> that lacks an italic font.
>> [...]
>> I can only get the second \em working, unless I don’t fake it.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong here?
>
> It’s a (already mentioned) LuaTeX bug.

Many thanks for the reply. Wolfgang.

Pablo