* xmlfilter in lua
@ 2013-07-28 10:59 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2013-07-28 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

hope this is comprehensible without a full example: I want to do some
operations on my xml, and that's easier to do in Lua. However, I cannot
find how to filter my results and pass them on to a command. In TeX, I
would do this:

\startxmlsetups xml:a
  \xmlfilter{#1}{/b/command(xml:command:b)}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:command:b
  \xmlconcat{#1}{/}\par
\stopxmlsetups

How would I do the same thing in Lua? Here's what I tried:

function xml.functions.a(t)
  local b = lxml.filter(lxml.id(t), "/b")
  process(b)
end

function process(t)
  xml.xprint(t)
end

but that doesn't work yet, I get no results printed. So my question:
what would be the right syntax in Lua? (And bonus points for: what is
the equivalent of \xmlconcat ?)

All best

Thomas

* Re: xmlfilter in lua
@ 2013-07-28 12:07 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2013-07-28 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 28.07.2013 12:59, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> hope this is comprehensible without a full example: I want to do some
> operations on my xml, and that's easier to do in Lua. However, I cannot
> find how to filter my results and pass them on to a command. In TeX, I
> would do this:
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:a
>   \xmlfilter{#1}{/b/command(xml:command:b)}
> \stopxmlsetups
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:command:b
>   \xmlconcat{#1}{/}\par
> \stopxmlsetups
>
> How would I do the same thing in Lua? Here's what I tried:
>
> function xml.functions.a(t)
>   local b = lxml.filter(lxml.id(t), "/b")
>   process(b)
> end
>
> function process(t)
>   xml.xprint(t)
> end
>
> but that doesn't work yet, I get no results printed. So my question:
> what would be the right syntax in Lua? (And bonus points for: what is
> the equivalent of \xmlconcat ?)
>
> All best
>
> Thomas

Replying to myself to correct: should have been

function process(t)
   xml.cprint(t)
end

obviously...

Thomas

* Re: xmlfilter in lua
@ 2013-07-31 20:52   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2013-07-31 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gentlemen and noble ladies,

may I rerun this question? It was posted on Sunday and may have escaped
those of you who celebrated this day in some manner.

Thanks for your attention!

--
Prof. Dr. Thomas A. Schmitz
Abteilung für Griechische und Lateinische Philologie

* Re: xmlfilter in lua
@ 2013-07-31 23:41     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-07-31 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Gentlemen and noble ladies,
>
> may I rerun this question? It was posted on Sunday and may have escaped
> those of you who celebrated this day in some manner.
>
> Thanks for your attention!

> On 07/28/2013 02:07 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> hope this is comprehensible without a full example: I want to do some
>> operations on my xml, and that's easier to do in Lua. However, I cannot
>> find how to filter my results and pass them on to a command. In TeX, I
>> would do this:
>>
>> \startxmlsetups xml:a
>>    \xmlfilter{#1}{/b/command(xml:command:b)}
>> \stopxmlsetups
>>
>> \startxmlsetups xml:command:b
>>    \xmlconcat{#1}{/}\par
>> \stopxmlsetups
>>
>> How would I do the same thing in Lua? Here's what I tried:
>>
>> function xml.functions.a(t)
>>    local b = lxml.filter(lxml.id(t), "/b")
>>    process(b)
>> end
>>
>> function process(t)
>>    xml.cprint(t)
>> end
>>
>> but that doesn't work yet, I get no results printed. So my question:
>> what would be the right syntax in Lua? (And bonus points for: what is
>> the equivalent of \xmlconcat ?)

- real test file needed
- you use process before you define it

another approach is:

for c in xml.collected(lxml.id(t),"/b") do
end

(see x-mathml, x-cals for examples)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE