From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Questions about mathfence
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 11:34:21 +0200	[thread overview]

On 7/29/2013 3:24 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some questions/remarks about math fences
>
> 1. When using
>
>      \definemathfence[colorbracket][bar][middle=0x7C,color=red,
> command=yes]
>      \starttext
>
>      \startformula
>        \colorbracket{\frac {a}{b}\fence a = b}^n
>      \stopformula
>
>      \stoptext
>
> The delimiter is of the wrong color (black instead of red), and the
> clause after \fence is red. I am doing something wrong or is it a bug.

Just not yet done .. coloring such math thingies is somewhat tricky ...
added.

> 2. For some types of expressions, for example, probability, the middle
> delimiter should have the space similar to mathrel, rather than mathord.
> For example, while typing I often use:
>
> \Pr\left( X = \frac {a}{b} \,\middle|\, Y = \frac{c}{d} \right)
>
> Would it be worthwhile to add these extra spaces by default (not sure
> what is the convention in physics/quantum mechanics for bra and ket
> notation) or as an option.

I'll add \mskip\thinmuskip around the middle ... no clue what key/value
to use so we can wait tile someone compliants

> 3. Finally, why are the default values of left, middle, and right =
> 0x2E. Isn't 0x7C a better default?

Well, the period is (for tex) special in the sense that it is a nop so
if you only want

(

and no

)

then explaining to a user that a period is to be used to nil the right
symbol is somewhat less troublesome.

One sets up the wanted symbols anyway.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE