* Re: How to hack the lua files
       [not found] <mailman.1201.1370610850.2084.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2013-06-07 14:01 ` Lance Larsen
From: Lance Larsen @ 2013-06-07 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

luigi,

When I started exploring how to map equation references (eq:name) to
equation numbers (4.2), I noticed that the 'tuc' file included the equation
reference (eq:name), but I was not able to identify anywhere where it
indicates the actual equation label specified in the document. Below is an
example of the tuc output. 'eq:DVOL_RVI_17' is equation (4.28) in the
document:

{
  ["metadata"]=142,
  ["numberdata"]=237,
  ["prefixdata"]=11,
  ["references"]={
   ["block"]="bodypart",
   ["internal"]=122,
   ["realpage"]=47,
   ["reference"]="eq:DVOL_RVI_17",
   ["section"]=79,
  },
 }

There is nowhere in the tuc file that contains 4 and 28 near each other. I
checked this for other equations as well and concluded that the tuc file
does not contain the actual equation numbers that are used.

If I am missing something or you have any other suggestions that might help
me to extract this info, I would sure appreciate the help.

-Lance

P.S. Thanks for the tip on using 'context --make' to rebuild the files. I
figured this out by guesswork before I got your response, but I have
appreciated how helpful many of you have been on this list.

------
On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Lance Larsen <lance.c.larsen at
gmail.com>wrote:

> If I modify a core lua file how do I remake the format file? Is this
> something that is done from mtxrun.exe? I would certainly prefer to use a
> hook rather than modifying a core file, but how do I identify the hooks
> that
> are available? Is there a list of hooks that are available, or a standard
> way that hooks are called from the context code so that I can look for an
> appropriate hook? Where do I place my hook scripts? Is there a guide that
> is
> available that might get me started?
>
> What I trying to do is map equation references to the equation number
> generated by context. So for example, if I have an equation:
>
> \placeformula \startformula
> \NC F = m a \NC  \NR[eq:newtonslaw]
> \stopformula

\usemodule[newmath]

\setupformulas[way=bytext,prefix=no]
\setupsubformulas[conversion=romannumerals]

\starttext
\placenamedformula[eq:TEST]{Der einfache Test}
\startformula
c^2 = a^2 + b^2.
\stopformula

\stoptext

and look into the tuc file (it's a lua file)

--
luigi

* Re: How to hack the lua files
@ 2013-06-07 14:10   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-06-07 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 6/7/2013 4:01 PM, Lance Larsen wrote:
> luigi,
>
> When I started exploring how to map equation references (eq:name) to
> equation numbers (4.2), I noticed that the 'tuc' file included the equation
> reference (eq:name), but I was not able to identify anywhere where it
> indicates the actual equation label specified in the document. Below is an
> example of the tuc output. 'eq:DVOL_RVI_17' is equation (4.28) in the
> document:
>
> {
>    ["metadata"]=142,
>    ["numberdata"]=237,
>    ["prefixdata"]=11,
>    ["references"]={
>     ["block"]="bodypart",
>     ["internal"]=122,
>     ["realpage"]=47,
>     ["reference"]="eq:DVOL_RVI_17",
>     ["section"]=79,
>    },
>   }
>
> There is nowhere in the tuc file that contains 4 and 28 near each other. I
> checked this for other equations as well and concluded that the tuc file
> does not contain the actual equation numbers that are used.

because there are indirect references to for instance 'numberdata' where
this info sits

> If I am missing something or you have any other suggestions that might help
> me to extract this info, I would sure appreciate the help.

see previous mail

btw, if you just want to use references in another tex doc, this will do
the trick:

\usereferences[somedoc]

\starttext

     \in{formula}[somedoc::a]

     \in{formula}[somedoc::b]

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: ntg-context Digest, Vol 108, Issue 22
       [not found] <mailman.1201.1370610850.2084.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2013-06-07 14:22 ` Lance Larsen
From: Lance Larsen @ 2013-06-07 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hans,

Referencing equations from another context document is what I am trying to
do. It think the \usereferences tag that you noted in the ideal solution for
my case. Thanks again for the help.

-Lance