* unwanted extra interline space in typing environment
@ 2013-08-07 17:47 Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-08-07 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have a document
(http://ediciones-criticas.tk/pdf/criticas-context.pdf), which is shows
a weird issue: some typing lines have an extra interline space added.

It can be found on the first code samples on pages 11 and 12 from the
above-mentioned document (sorry, but I have no other way to recreate the
issue).

My configuration is the following:

  \setuptyping[margin=yes,lines=yes,blank=line,space=on]

How can avoid the unwanted extra interline space in the typing environment?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: unwanted extra interline space in typing environment
@ 2013-08-07 18:00 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-08-07 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.08.2013 um 19:47 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:

> Dear list,
>
> I have a document
> (http://ediciones-criticas.tk/pdf/criticas-context.pdf), which is shows
> a weird issue: some typing lines have an extra interline space added.
>
> It can be found on the first code samples on pages 11 and 12 from the
> above-mentioned document (sorry, but I have no other way to recreate the
> issue).
>
> My configuration is the following:
>
>  \setuptyping[margin=yes,lines=yes,blank=line,space=on]
>
> How can avoid the unwanted extra interline space in the typing environment?

Can you make a minimal example which shows the wrong spacing,
I can see it in your document but without a example it’s not possible
to give a answer.

Wolfgang

* Re: unwanted extra interline space in typing environment
@ 2013-08-07 20:52   ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-08-07 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 07.08.2013 um 19:47 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
> [...]
>> How can avoid the unwanted extra interline space in the typing environment?
>
> Can you make a minimal example which shows the wrong spacing?
> I can see it in your document but without a example it’s not possible
> to give a answer.

Wolfgang,

this is a sample that shows the issue I mentioned in my previous message:

    \setuplayout[setups=*lessstrict]
    \startsetups[*lessstrict]
        \setup[reset]
        \widowpenalty=10000
        \clubpenalty=10000
    \stopsetups

    \starttext

    \dorecurse{38}{line\\}

    \starttyping
    \setuplayout[setups=*lessstrict]
    \startsetups[*lessstrict]
        \setup[reset]
        \widowpenalty=10000
        \clubpenalty=10000
        \brokenpenalty=10000
    \stopsetups
    \stoptyping

    \page
    \stoptext

I know that the widow line from the typing environment is causing the
extra interline spacing, but there are other occurrences where there is
no widow line and there is extra interline spacing.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2013-08-07 21:04     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-08-07 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/7/2013 10:52 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
> On 08/07/2013 08:00 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Am 07.08.2013 um 19:47 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
>> [...]
>>> How can avoid the unwanted extra interline space in the typing environment?
>>
>> Can you make a minimal example which shows the wrong spacing?
>> I can see it in your document but without a example it’s not possible
>> to give a answer.
>
> Wolfgang,
>
> this is a sample that shows the issue I mentioned in my previous message:
>
>      \setuplayout[setups=*lessstrict]
>      \startsetups[*lessstrict]
>          \setup[reset]
>          \widowpenalty=10000
>          \clubpenalty=10000
>      \stopsetups
>
>      \starttext
>
>      \dorecurse{38}{line\\}
>
>      \starttyping
>      \setuplayout[setups=*lessstrict]
>      \startsetups[*lessstrict]
>          \setup[reset]
>          \widowpenalty=10000
>          \clubpenalty=10000
>          \brokenpenalty=10000
>      \stopsetups
>      \stoptyping
>
>      \page
>      \stoptext
>
> I know that the widow line from the typing environment is causing the
> extra interline spacing, but there are other occurrences where there is
> no widow line and there is extra interline spacing.

you shouldn't rely on \\ as it also starts a new line with content

       \dorecurse{38}{line\par}

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-08-08 14:50       ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-08-08 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/07/2013 11:04 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 8/7/2013 10:52 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>> On 08/07/2013 08:00 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>> Am 07.08.2013 um 19:47 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
>>> [...]
> [...]
> you shouldn't rely on \\ as it also starts a new line with content
>
>        \dorecurse{38}{line\par}

Hans,

I have adapted the sample to:

    \starttext
    \dorecurse{41}{line\par}
    \starttyping
    \setuplayout[setups=*lessstrict]
    \startsetups[*lessstrict]
        \setup[reset]
        \widowpenalty=10000
        \clubpenalty=10000
        \brokenpenalty=10000
    \stopsetups
    \stoptyping
    \stoptext

And if recursions are set to 36-42, the second line on page 2 has extra
space when the line belongs to the typing environment.

Isn’t it a bug?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2013-08-08 17:24         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-08-08 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/8/2013 4:50 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
> On 08/07/2013 11:04 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> you shouldn't rely on \\ as it also starts a new line with content
>>
>>         \dorecurse{38}{line\par}
>
> Hans,
>
> I have adapted the sample to:
>
>      \starttext
>      \dorecurse{41}{line\par}
>      \starttyping
>      \setuplayout[setups=*lessstrict]
>      \startsetups[*lessstrict]
>          \setup[reset]
>          \widowpenalty=10000
>          \clubpenalty=10000
>          \brokenpenalty=10000
>      \stopsetups
>      \stoptyping
>      \stoptext
>
> And if recursions are set to 36-42, the second line on page 2 has extra
> space when the line belongs to the typing environment.
>
> Isn’t it a bug?

yes, but in fact a side effect of trying to fix another page-crossing
issue ... i'll try a different trick

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-08-08 17:52           ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-08-08 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/08/2013 07:24 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 8/8/2013 4:50 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>>[...]
>> Isn’t it a bug?
>
> yes, but in fact a side effect of trying to fix another page-crossing
> issue ... i'll try a different trick

Many thanks for the fix, Hans.

Pablo
--