* include two pages from typesetbuffer
@ 2013-08-08 19:01 Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-08-08 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I would like to be able to include the first two pages of a typeset
buffer (included with \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on]).

Is there any way to do this? I’d like to avoid to save the buffer to a file.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: include two pages from typesetbuffer
@ 2013-08-08 20:15 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-08-08 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/8/2013 9:01 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I would like to be able to include the first two pages of a typeset
> buffer (included with \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on]).
>
> Is there any way to do this? I’d like to avoid to save the buffer to a file.

\typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on,page=1]
\typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on,page=2]

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-08-08 20:40   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-08-08 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/8/2013 10:15 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 8/8/2013 9:01 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I would like to be able to include the first two pages of a typeset
>> buffer (included with \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on]).
>>
>> Is there any way to do this? I’d like to avoid to save the buffer to a
>> file.
>
> \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on,page=1]
> \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on,page=2]

as that runs the buffer twice the next beta will provide  this:

\starttext

     \startbuffer [sample]
         \starttext
             \startTEXpage[offset=10pt] one   \stopTEXpage
             \startTEXpage[offset=10pt] two   \stopTEXpage
             \startTEXpage[offset=10pt] three \stopTEXpage
         \stoptext
     \stopbuffer

     \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on,page=1]

     \externalfigure[\lasttypesetbuffer][frame=on,page=2]

     \typesetbuffer[*][frame=on,page=3]

\stoptext

please wikify this after testing

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-08-09 19:39     ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-08-09 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/08/2013 10:40 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 8/8/2013 10:15 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 8/8/2013 9:01 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>>> Dear list,
>>>
>>> I would like to be able to include the first two pages of a typeset
>>> buffer (included with \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on]).
>>>
>>> Is there any way to do this? I’d like to avoid to save the buffer to a
>>> file.
>>
>> \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on,page=1]
>> \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on,page=2]
>
> as that runs the buffer twice the next beta will provide  this:

Many thanks, Hans, for the new feature.

I can wikify it, if you want me to do it. But I have a question before.

Wouldn’t it be easier that ConTeXt detects when a buffer has already
been typeset and automatically does all the work internally?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2013-08-09 21:42       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-08-09 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/9/2013 9:39 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
> On 08/08/2013 10:40 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

>>> \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on,page=1]
>>> \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on,page=2]
>>
>> as that runs the buffer twice the next beta will provide  this:
>
> Many thanks, Hans, for the new feature.
>
> I can wikify it, if you want me to do it. But I have a question before.
>
> Wouldn’t it be easier that ConTeXt detects when a buffer has already
> been typeset and automatically does all the work internally?

actually there was already a test for that but i made a better one, so
now we have:

\starttext

     \enabletrackers[buffers.run]

     \startbuffer [sample]
         \starttext
             \startTEXpage[offset=10pt] one   \stopTEXpage
             \startTEXpage[offset=10pt] two   \stopTEXpage
             \startTEXpage[offset=10pt] three \stopTEXpage
         \stoptext
     \stopbuffer

     \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on,page=1]
     \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on,page=2]
     \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on,page=3]

@ 2013-08-10 10:03         ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-08-10 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/09/2013 11:42 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> [...]
> actually there was already a test for that but i made a better one, so
> now we have:
>
> \starttext
>
>      \enabletrackers[buffers.run]
>
>      \startbuffer [sample]
>          \starttext
>              \startTEXpage[offset=10pt] one   \stopTEXpage
>              \startTEXpage[offset=10pt] two   \stopTEXpage
>              \startTEXpage[offset=10pt] three \stopTEXpage
>          \stoptext
>      \stopbuffer
>
>      \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on,page=1]
>      \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on,page=2]
>      \typesetbuffer[sample][frame=on,page=3]
>
>      \externalfigure[\lasttypesetbuffer][frame=on,page=2]
>
>      \typesetbuffer[*][frame=on,page=3]
>
> \stoptext

Many thanks for the improvement, Hans.

Wikified at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/typesetbuffer.