* Calling \followtokens from with in metapost
@ 2013-10-13  7:59 Magnus J
From: Magnus J @ 2013-10-13  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list,

How can I call the \followtokens macro (or a similar solution) from within
metapost?  Specifically, I want to integrate text between the semi-circle
arcs in a rainbow-like structure (with the text placed inbetween the arcs,
that should alsó be drawn). The text should not be stretched but center on
the top, flowing evenly distributed on each side. This link will give you
an idea:

http://www.heilsuefling.is/heilsuefling/upload/images/whp_in_general/determinants_of_health/determinants_of_health.jpg

How can this achieved?

Regards,

Magnus

* Re: Calling \followtokens from with in metapost
@ 2013-10-14 19:29 Magnus J
From: Magnus J @ 2013-10-14 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the code, the stretching is ok (can be hand-tuned) but I find
the positioning a bit odd. Look at the additions to your example:

------------------
\starttext

\useMPlibrary[txt]

\startsetups text-a
     \startuseMPgraphic{followtokens}
         path RotPath ; RotPath := reverse halfcircle xyscaled 5cm ;
         draw RotPath ;
     \stopuseMPgraphic
     \followtokens{some text but not that long{\hskip1em}}
\stopsetups

\startsetups text-b
     \startuseMPgraphic{followtokens}
         path RotPath ; RotPath := reverse halfcircle xyscaled 3cm  ;
         draw RotPath ;
     \stopuseMPgraphic
     \followtokens{{\hskip1em}some text{\hskip1em}}
\stopsetups

\startMPpage
     draw textext("\setups{text-a}") ;
     draw textext("\setups{text-b}") shifted (0,-.5cm);

     % equal to RotPath in text-b
     path RotPath ; RotPath := reverse halfcircle xyscaled 3cm  ;
     draw RotPath shifted (0,-.5cm) withcolor red ;

     % vertically aligned (by trial and error), but not horizontally)
     draw RotPath shifted (0,-1.5cm) withcolor blue ;
\stopMPpage

I guess the red arc needs to be shifted further down since is has no text,
but what about the horizontal alignment (as shown in blue)? If you look
closely, the two spacing is different even between the black arcs on left
and right sides.

Regards,

Magnus