* MetaPost drawarrow dashed evenly
@ 2013-10-15 10:09 Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-10-15 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

How does one draw a dashed arrow (without getting a dashed arrowhead)?

Minimal example:

\startMPpage
drawarrow origin--(1cm,1cm) ;
drawarrow origin--(-1cm,1cm) dashed evenly ;
\stopMPpage

Is this a bug?

Alan

* Re: MetaPost drawarrow dashed evenly
@ 2013-10-15 10:56 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2013-10-15 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.10.2013 12:09, schrieb Alan BRASLAU:
> Hello,
>
> How does one draw a dashed arrow (without getting a dashed arrowhead)?
>
> Minimal example:
>
> \startMPpage
> drawarrow origin--(1cm,1cm) ;
> drawarrow origin--(-1cm,1cm) dashed evenly ;
> \stopMPpage
>
> Is this a bug?

works here with beta from 13.10.2013

Peter

@ 2013-10-15 11:46 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-10-15 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 10/15/2013 12:09 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How does one draw a dashed arrow (without getting a dashed arrowhead)?
>
> Minimal example:
>
> \startMPpage
> drawarrow origin--(1cm,1cm) ;
> drawarrow origin--(-1cm,1cm) dashed evenly ;
> \stopMPpage
>
> Is this a bug?

more a side effect

     def _finarr text t =
         if autoarrows : set_ahlength (t) fi ;
         draw arrowpath _apth t ; % arrowpath added
         fill arrowhead _apth t ;
         begingroup ; save dashed ; def dashed expr d = enddef ;
         draw arrowhead _apth t ;
         endgroup ;
     enddef;

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-10-15 11:49   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-10-15 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 10/15/2013 1:46 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 10/15/2013 12:09 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> How does one draw a dashed arrow (without getting a dashed arrowhead)?
>>
>> Minimal example:
>>
>> \startMPpage
>> drawarrow origin--(1cm,1cm) ;
>> drawarrow origin--(-1cm,1cm) dashed evenly ;
>> \stopMPpage
>>
>> Is this a bug?
>
> more a side effect
>
>      def _finarr text t =
>          if autoarrows : set_ahlength (t) fi ;
>          draw arrowpath _apth t ; % arrowpath added
>          fill arrowhead _apth t ;
>          begingroup ; save dashed ; def dashed expr d = enddef ;
>          draw arrowhead _apth t ;
>          endgroup ;
>      enddef;

or:

     def _finarr text t =
         if autoarrows : set_ahlength (t) fi ;
         draw arrowpath _apth t ; % arrowpath added
         fill arrowhead _apth t ;
         draw arrowhead _apth t dashed nullpicture ;
     enddef;

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-10-15 11:53     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-10-15 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/15/2013 1:49 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 10/15/2013 1:46 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 10/15/2013 12:09 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> How does one draw a dashed arrow (without getting a dashed arrowhead)?
>>>
>>> Minimal example:
>>>
>>> \startMPpage
>>> drawarrow origin--(1cm,1cm) ;
>>> drawarrow origin--(-1cm,1cm) dashed evenly ;
>>> \stopMPpage
>>>
>>> Is this a bug?
>>
>> more a side effect
>>
>>      def _finarr text t =
>>          if autoarrows : set_ahlength (t) fi ;
>>          draw arrowpath _apth t ; % arrowpath added
>>          fill arrowhead _apth t ;
>>          begingroup ; save dashed ; def dashed expr d = enddef ;
>>          draw arrowhead _apth t ;
>>          endgroup ;
>>      enddef;
>
> or:
>
>      def _finarr text t =
>          if autoarrows : set_ahlength (t) fi ;
>          draw arrowpath _apth t ; % arrowpath added
>          fill arrowhead _apth t ;
>          draw arrowhead _apth t dashed nullpicture ;
>      enddef;

To be complete I've added an undashed operator:

\startMPpage

     drawarrow origin--(1cm, 1cm) dashed evenly withcolor red undashed ;
     drawarrow origin--(1cm,-1cm) dashed evenly withcolor blue ;

\stopMPpage

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE