* something's wrong with arranging
@ 2011-04-01 19:05 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2011-04-01 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

Hi all,

something doesn't work with arranging pages in the latest beta. Minimal example:

\setuppapersize[A6][A4]

\setuparranging[2*4]

\starttext

\dorecurse{24}{\input tufte \page}

\stoptext

Only the first two sheets are properly arranged. Must be pretty recent, it worked about two weeks ago.

All best

Thomas

* Re: something's wrong with arranging
@ 2011-04-01 19:25 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2011-04-01 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Thomas,

that is precisely what I detected and mailed to the list some days ago. The issue was discussed at the Dante meeting in Bremen. It appears that it could have to do with the changes Hans made in connection with the paper-setup discussion held on the list recently. Some of the default values in the setuplayout were changed then. I do hope that this will work again in the next beta release.

Kind regards

Willi

@ 2011-04-01 19:36   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2011-04-01 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Willi,

shoot, I had a very vague memory that you had recently posted about this, but didn't find anything; thanks for pointing this out! So Hans is on the job, I guess... I hope you had a nice time in Bremen!

All best

Thomas

@ 2011-04-02 18:05   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-04-02 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 01.04.2011 um 21:25 schrieb Willi Egger:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> that is precisely what I detected and mailed to the list some days ago. The issue was discussed at the Dante meeting in Bremen. It appears that it could have to do with the changes Hans made in connection with the paper-setup discussion held on the list recently. Some of the default values in the setuplayout were changed then.

You’re wrong, the problem has nothing to do with the changes for the \setuppapersize command. The real reason for the wrong output comes from the file scrn-pag.mkvi, which wasn’t present in your old installation.

\unprotect
\let\scrn_canvas_synchronize\scrn_canvas_synchronize_simple
\protect

%\setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]
%\setuparranging[2UP]

\setuppapersize[A5][A3]