* Re: ntg-context Digest, Vol 113, Issue 2
       [not found] <mailman.97.1383316761.2136.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2013-11-01 15:01 ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2013-11-01 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Hans,

>> After updating to the current version (mtx-context | current version: 2013.11.01 12:20), I run ConTeXt again.
>> But I still don't have the color output.
>
> make sure you have input in triplets (no precomposed characters)

What do you mean "input in triplets (no precomposed characters)"?
We type the first consonant, second vowel, and third consonant in order, then computer show one character for these input.

> - make sure you have the right fonts
> - check if there is an hanbatanglvt.lfg file (loaded)

Yes, there is an hanbatanglvt.lfg file.
	ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/hanbatanglvt.lfg
But the installed font's name is "HANBatang-LVT.ttf".
So I changed the font name in your file from "hanbatanglvt" to "HANBatang-LVT", also I copied the above lfg file as "HANBatang-LVT.lfg" in the same folder.
Is it OK to use another Korean font?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: ntg-context Digest, Vol 113, Issue 2
@ 2013-11-01 15:16   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-11-01 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 01.11.2013 um 16:01 schrieb Jeong Dal <haksan@mac.com>:

> Yes, there is an hanbatanglvt.lfg file.
> 	ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/hanbatanglvt.lfg
> But the installed font's name is "HANBatang-LVT.ttf".
> So I changed the font name in your file from "hanbatanglvt" to "HANBatang-LVT", also I copied the above lfg file as "HANBatang-LVT.lfg" in the same folder.

This change isn’t necessary, context refers from the normalized font name (lowercase and without hyphens etc.) to the real font with a table entry in the font database.

> Is it OK to use another Korean font?

This shouldn’t be a problem, Hans needed for his example only a font which is available for all system.

Attached is also Hans original example, this should allow you to test the feature.

Wolfgang

[-- Attachment #2: koreandemo.tex --]

\starttext

\definefontfeature
 [korean-composed]
 [goodies=hanbatanglvt,
  colorscheme=default,
  mode=node,
  ljmo=yes,
  tjmo=yes,
  vjmo=yes,
  script=hang,
  language=kor]

\definefont[KoreanJMO] [hanbatanglvt*korean-composed]

\startbuffer
   % Hunminjeongeum: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunminjeongeum
   나랏말ᄊᆞ미中듕國 귁에달아문ᄍᆞᆼ와로서르ᄉᆞᄆᆞᆺ디아니ᄒᆞᆯᄊᆡ%
   사ᄅᆞᆷ마다ᄒᆡᅇᅧ수ᄫᅵ니겨날로ᄡᅮ메便뼌安 ᅙᅡᆫ킈ᄒᆞ고져ᄒᆞᇙᄯᆞᄅᆞ미니라
\stopbuffer

\definecolor[colorscheme:100:1][r=.75]
\definecolor[colorscheme:100:2][g=.75]
\definecolor[colorscheme:100:3][b=.75]

\definecolor[colorscheme:101:1][g=.75,b=.75]
\definecolor[colorscheme:101:2][r=.75,b=.75]
\definecolor[colorscheme:101:3][r=.75,g=.75]

\startTEXpage[offset=5pt,foregroundstyle=\KoreanJMO]
                           \getbuffer \par
   \setfontcolorscheme[100]\getbuffer \par
   \setfontcolorscheme[101]\getbuffer \par
\stopTEXpage

\stoptext

* Re: ntg-context Digest, Vol 113, Issue 2
@ 2013-11-02  7:57   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-11-02  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/1/2013 4:01 PM, Jeong Dal wrote:
> Dear Hans,
>

>>> After updating to the current version (mtx-context | current version: 2013.11.01 12:20), I run ConTeXt again.
>>> But I still don't have the color output.
>>
>> make sure you have input in triplets (no precomposed characters)
>>

> What do you mean "input in triplets (no precomposed characters)"?

indeed

> We type the first consonant, second vowel, and third consonant in order, then computer show one character for these input.

right, and the font has the logic to to show it as composed (so, the
editor must not replace the three by one)

>> - make sure you have the right fonts
>> - check if there is an hanbatanglvt.lfg file (loaded)
>>

> Yes, there is an hanbatanglvt.lfg file.
> 	ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/hanbatanglvt.lfg
> But the installed font's name is "HANBatang-LVT.ttf".
> So I changed the font name in your file from "hanbatanglvt" to "HANBatang-LVT", also I copied the above lfg file as "HANBatang-LVT.lfg" in the same folder.

context normalizes font names ... so you can leave the name as it is
(works here)

get other users results when they test this?

> Is it OK to use another Korean font?

best discuss that with Chof cum suis as fonts need to have the right logic

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-11-02  7:59     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-11-02  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Am 01.11.2013 um 16:01 schrieb Jeong Dal <haksan@mac.com>:
>
>> Yes, there is an hanbatanglvt.lfg file.
>> 	ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/hanbatanglvt.lfg
>> But the installed font's name is "HANBatang-LVT.ttf".
>> So I changed the font name in your file from "hanbatanglvt" to "HANBatang-LVT", also I copied the above lfg file as "HANBatang-LVT.lfg" in the same folder.
>
> This change isn’t necessary, context refers from the normalized font name (lowercase and without hyphens etc.) to the real font with a table entry in the font database.
>
>> Is it OK to use another Korean font?
>
> This shouldn’t be a problem, Hans needed for his example only a font which is available for all system.

as long as the font has the right features ...

ljmo=yes
tjmo=yes
vjmo=yes

these are official features but not supported by all renderers (or can't
be set), the ms programs handle calt by default for the korean script,
so that's why

calt=yes

also is provided

> Attached is also Hans original example, this should allow you to test the feature.
>
> Wolfgang

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE