* setting size for mainfont or sansfont in stable simplefonts
@ 2013-11-06 22:27 Lars Huttar
From: Lars Huttar @ 2013-11-06 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm using the simplefonts module from TeX Live 2013. (I can't use the
new simplefonts for this production project, due to stability requirements.)

I have the following, which works well for the most part:

\setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]

\usemodule[simplefonts][size=9.2pt]

\setmainfont[Gentium Book Basic]
\setsansfont[Tex Gyre Heros]

\starttext

Serif typeface: regular, {\em italic}, {\bf bold} and {\bf\em bold
italic} styles.

\ss Sans--serif typeface: regular, {\em italic}, {\bf bold} and {\bf\em
bold italic} styles.

\stoptext

Because the Tex Gyre Heros font is larger than Gentium Book Basic at a
given point size, when I compile this document, there is a size mismatch
between the serif and the sans typefaces. So I looked for a way to give
the sans font a smaller default size. I couldn't find an example of such
at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/simplefonts. I tried this:

\setsansfont[Tex Gyre Heros][size=8pt]

but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Is there a way to do what I'm trying to do? I could use
\switchtobodyfont[8pt] every time I go to sans, but I don't think that's
the intention of simplefonts.

Thanks,
Lars

* Re: setting size for mainfont or sansfont in stable simplefonts
@ 2013-11-06 22:35 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-11-06 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 06.11.2013 um 23:27 schrieb Lars Huttar <lars_huttar@sil.org>:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using the simplefonts module from TeX Live 2013. (I can't use the
> new simplefonts for this production project, due to stability requirements.)
>
> I have the following, which works well for the most part:
>
> \setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]
>
> \usemodule[simplefonts][size=9.2pt]
>
> \setmainfont[Gentium Book Basic]
> \setsansfont[Tex Gyre Heros]
>

> \starttext
>
> Serif typeface: regular, {\em italic}, {\bf bold} and {\bf\em bold
> italic} styles.
>

> \ss Sans--serif typeface: regular, {\em italic}, {\bf bold} and {\bf\em
> bold italic} styles.
>
> \stoptext
>

> Because the Tex Gyre Heros font is larger than Gentium Book Basic at a
> given point size, when I compile this document, there is a size mismatch
> between the serif and the sans typefaces. So I looked for a way to give
> the sans font a smaller default size. I couldn't find an example of such
> at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/simplefonts. I tried this:
>
> \setsansfont[Tex Gyre Heros][size=8pt]
>
> but it didn't seem to have any effect.

\setsansfont[…][scale=0.95]

Wolfgang

* Re: setting size for mainfont or sansfont in stable simplefonts
@ 2013-11-06 22:49   ` Lars Huttar
From: Lars Huttar @ 2013-11-06 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 06.11.2013 um 23:27 schrieb Lars Huttar <lars_huttar@sil.org>:
>
>> \setsansfont[Tex Gyre Heros][size=8pt]