* (critical edition) orphan and widows in lines environment
@ 2013-11-18 20:35 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2013-11-18 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Thomas, Luigi and Hans,

an old issue is that there is no way to prevent widows an orphans in the
lines environment. This would be important for verse.

Hans, you told us that you have it in the agenda
(http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2013/073769.html). It might be
interesting to implement this now.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: (critical edition) orphan and widows in lines environment
@ 2013-11-18 20:41 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2013-11-18 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/18/2013 09:35 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear Thomas, Luigi and Hans,

Hi Pablo,

thanks for your examples, they will go into the test repository. We'll
have to think about the nested linenotes; I'm not sure that this is a
good way to code an apparatus (and since we're taking TEI xml as our
point of departure, we'll have to see how this would be encoded in this
particular format).

All best

Thomas

* Re: (critical edition) orphan and widows in lines environment
@ 2013-11-18 21:11   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2013-11-18 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Dear Thomas, Luigi and Hans,
>
> Hi Pablo,
>
> thanks for your examples, they will go into the test repository. We'll
> have to think about the nested linenotes; I'm not sure that this is a
> good way to code an apparatus (and since we're taking TEI xml as our
> point of departure, we'll have to see how this would be encoded in this
> particular format).

Hi Thomas,

sorry, I forgot that TEI xml was the starting point.

The issue of nesting linenotes was a request I received from a classical
philologist. He is learning ConTeXt, so TEI would be a way to make
things more difficult to him right now (by the way, I still have to
learn how ConTeXt handles XML).

Nesting two variants probably makes no sense in real work. What could
happen is that you have a variant note within a larger passage that you
want to mark as similar to a passage from other author. This is what the
classical philologist offered as sample. (Sorry for the poor
explanation, but I’m not a philologist myself.)

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk