* Integral limits
@ 2013-11-18 20:41 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-11-18 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

In MkII, it was possible to change the limits on integrals using

    \setupmathematics[integral=...] % limits, nolimits, displaylimits

that would affect how \int, \iint, \iiint, \oint, etc behaved.

I can see two ways of definining a similar feature in MkIV.

1. Define \intop, \iintop, etc in char-def.lua and then somewhere define:

    \define\int{\intop\intlimits}
    \define\iint{\intop\intlimits}

   etc.

2. Define a new mathclass "intop" and use that in char-def.lua. Then, in
the appropriate math-*.lua file, map intop to the appropriate macro.

What would be the best way to go?

Thanks,
Aditya

* Re: Integral limits
@ 2013-11-18 21:12 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-11-18 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/18/2013 9:41 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In MkII, it was possible to change the limits on integrals using
>
>     \setupmathematics[integral=...] % limits, nolimits, displaylimits
>
> that would affect how \int, \iint, \iiint, \oint, etc behaved.
>
> I can see two ways of definining a similar feature in MkIV.
>
> 1. Define \intop, \iintop, etc in char-def.lua and then somewhere define:
>
>     \define\int{\intop\intlimits}
>     \define\iint{\intop\intlimits}
>
>    etc.
>
> 2. Define a new mathclass "intop" and use that in char-def.lua. Then, in
> the appropriate math-*.lua file, map intop to the appropriate macro.
>
> What would be the best way to go?

i prefer 2 (as these set the defaults) and we can make a definer for
specific variants if needed (at all)

is intop the best name? (we don't need to be sparse)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Integral limits
@ 2013-11-18 22:45   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-11-18 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> 2. Define a new mathclass "intop" and use that in char-def.lua. Then, in
>> the appropriate math-*.lua file, map intop to the appropriate macro.
>>
>> What would be the best way to go?
>
> i prefer 2 (as these set the defaults) and we can make a definer for specific
> variants if needed (at all)

Great.

> is intop the best name? (we don't need to be sparse)

How about: integral or integral_operator?

Aditya

* Re: Integral limits
@ 2013-11-19  0:14     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-11-19  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/18/2013 11:45 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>> 2. Define a new mathclass "intop" and use that in char-def.lua. Then, in
>>> the appropriate math-*.lua file, map intop to the appropriate macro.
>>>
>>> What would be the best way to go?
>>
>> i prefer 2 (as these set the defaults) and we can make a definer for
>> specific variants if needed (at all)
>
> Great.
>
>> is intop the best name? (we don't need to be sparse)
>
> How about: integral or integral_operator?

we have radical, limop, nolimop so maybe intop and nointop are ok (we
can have verbose synonyms but then we also need them for lim)

just wrap up what is needed and i'll look into it (or you can provide
patches)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE