* footnotes in appendices
@ 2014-01-19 11:14 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-01-19 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

on a document I have, I want to have footnotes in appendices, but they
are numbered in uppercase Roman numbers. Here is a sample:

\starttext
\startappendices
a\footnote{b.}
\stopappendices
\stoptext

How can I change it to Arabic numbers? I would be also interested to
know how to change chapter and section numbers only for appendices.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: footnotes in appendices
@ 2014-01-19 11:29 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2014-01-19 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2014–01–19 Pablo Rodriguez wrote:

> on a document I have, I want to have footnotes in appendices, but they
> are numbered in uppercase Roman numbers. Here is a sample:
>
> \starttext
> \startappendices
> a\footnote{b.}
> \stopappendices
> \stoptext
>
> How can I change it to Arabic numbers?

  \setupnotation
    [footnote]
    [numberconversion=numerals]

> I would be also interested to know how to change chapter and
> section numbers only for appendices.

  \definestructureconversionset
    [structure]
    %% part,  chapter,    section,       subsection, subsubsection
    [numbers, characters, Romannumerals, numbers,    romannumerals]
    [numbers]

  \startsectionblockenvironment [appendix]
    \setupheads [sectionconversionset=structure]
  \stopsectionblockenvironment

Marco

* Re: footnotes in appendices
@ 2014-01-19 16:55   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-01-19 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 01/19/2014 12:29 PM, Marco Patzer wrote:
> On 2014–01–19 Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>
>> on a document I have, I want to have footnotes in appendices, but they
>> are numbered in uppercase Roman numbers.
>> [...]
>> How can I change it to Arabic numbers?
>
>   \setupnotation
>     [footnote]
>     [numberconversion=numerals]
>
>> I would be also interested to know how to change chapter and
>> section numbers only for appendices.
>
>   \definestructureconversionset
>     [structure]
>     %% part,  chapter,    section,       subsection, subsubsection
>     [numbers, characters, Romannumerals, numbers,    romannumerals]
>     [numbers]
>
>   \startsectionblockenvironment [appendix]
>     \setupheads [sectionconversionset=structure]
>   \stopsectionblockenvironment

Many thanks for your reply, Marco.

This was exactly what I needed.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: footnotes in appendices
@ 2014-01-19 17:58   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-01-19 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.01.2014 um 12:29 schrieb Marco Patzer <lists@homerow.info>:

>  \definestructureconversionset
>    [structure]
>    %% part,  chapter,    section,       subsection, subsubsection
>    [numbers, characters, Romannumerals, numbers,    romannumerals]
>    [numbers]
>
>  \startsectionblockenvironment [appendix]
>    \setupheads [sectionconversionset=structure]
>  \stopsectionblockenvironment

You can set a conversionset also for certain sectionblocks when you
add the name of the block as prefix for the name of the set.

\defineconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber][][A]
\defineconversionset [bodypart:pagenumber][][R]
\defineconversionset [appendix:pagenumber][][n]

\defineconversionset[frontpart:sectionnumber][R,A,G][n]
\defineconversionset [bodypart:sectionnumber][r,a,g][n]
\defineconversionset [appendix:sectionnumber][a,g,n][n]

\setuppagenumber[numberconversionset=pagenumber]

\setuphead
  [part,chapter,section]
  [placehead=yes,
   sectionconversionset=sectionnumber]

\setupsectionblock[frontpart][number=yes]

\starttext

\startfrontmatter

\dorecurse{5}
  {\part{Part #1}
   \dorecurse{5}
     {\chapter{Chapter #1.##1}
	  \dorecurse{10}{\section{Section #1.##1.####1}}}}

\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter

\dorecurse{5}
  {\part{Part #1}
   \dorecurse{5}
     {\chapter{Chapter #1.##1}
	  \dorecurse{10}{\section{Section #1.##1.####1}}}}

\stopbodymatter

\startappendices

\dorecurse{5}
  {\part{Part #1}
   \dorecurse{5}
     {\chapter{Chapter #1.##1}
	  \dorecurse{10}{\section{Section #1.##1.####1}}}}

\stopappendices

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: footnotes in appendices
@ 2014-01-19 19:17     ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-01-19 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> [...]
> You can set a conversionset also for certain sectionblocks when you
> add the name of the block as prefix for the name of the set.
>
> \defineconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber][][A]
> \defineconversionset [bodypart:pagenumber][][R]
> \defineconversionset [appendix:pagenumber][][n]
>
> \defineconversionset[frontpart:sectionnumber][R,A,G][n]
> \defineconversionset [bodypart:sectionnumber][r,a,g][n]
> \defineconversionset [appendix:sectionnumber][a,g,n][n]
>
> \setuppagenumber[numberconversionset=pagenumber]
>
> \setuphead
>   [part,chapter,section]
>   [placehead=yes,
>    sectionconversionset=sectionnumber]
>
> \setupsectionblock[frontpart][number=yes]

Many thanks for your help, Wolfgang.

Excellent explanation that made me understand how this works.

Many thanks again,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk