Am 25.01.2014 01:07, schrieb Hans Hagen: > On 1/24/2014 7:41 PM, Peter Rolf wrote: >> Am 24.01.2014 14:45, schrieb Hans Hagen: >>> On 1/24/2014 1:35 PM, Peter Rolf wrote: >>>> Hi, >>>> >>>> I try to create a Metapost path in lua and it works so far for the >>>> attached example. But a call of that function from another lua function >>>> sadly fails (no path visible after call). The code seems to be executed >>>> later (the output from 'show pid;' appears somewhere later in the log). >>>> >>>> How can I ensure that the code is executed at runtime? >>> >>> I don't understand the issue but isn't there a >>> >>> metafun("draw p;") >>> >>> missing then? >>> >> Setting the bounding box has the same effect, as drawing something. >> Both methods avoid that the emtpy graphic is ignored by ConTeXt. >> >> Anyhow, the MP path is not available in metapost.variables after the >> function call. If there is no other way I have to call the function from >> the TeX side (like in the attached example). Will look into that >> tomorrow. > > %D We also provide an outputless run: > > \unexpanded\def\startMPcalculation > I tried that command, but couldn't get it to work on the lua side. The first pure MP line after context.startMPcalculation() raises a lua error and a combination with metafun() is also not working. So how to use this in lua? Anyhow, the problem is the execution time of the MP graphic. I changed the attached example a bit, so that you can see it. The inspect() in drops.foo() gives an empty table, while the second inspect on the TeX side shows the path "drops:foo". I need the path right after the call (it needs to be adapted to IM afterwards; mainly scaling and shifting). Is there a way to "force" the execution of the graphic without switching back to the TeX side? Peter