Hi, I tried the "Dcaron" example from the MetaPost manual (page 50) and it works nicely when called with "mpost". % Dcaron.mp fontmapfile"=lm-ec.map"; beginfig(56); picture q; path p; interim ahlength:=12bp; interim ahangle:=25; q:= glyph "Dcaron" of "ec-lmr10" scaled .2; for item within q: p:= pathpart item; drawarrow p withcolor(.6,.9,.6) withpen pencircle scaled 1.5; for j=0 upto length p: pickup pencircle scaled .7; draw (point j of p -- precontrol j of p) dashed evenly withcolor blue; draw (point j of p -- postcontrol j of p) dashed evenly withcolor blue; pickup pencircle scaled 3; draw precontrol j of p withcolor red; draw postcontrol j of p withcolor red; pickup pencircle scaled 2; draw point j of p withcolor black; endfor endfor endfig; % ------- But how can I get the glyph path(s) with luatex (mplib)? Minimal example (glyph.mkiv) and console output are attached (log is empty). Looks like I can't use 'fontmapfile' and without it the glyphs are not found. Peter