* option suggestion for \setupindenting
@ 2014-03-06 18:35 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-03-06 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

there are some cases in which reverse indenting is important texts. I
mean something like:

	\leftskip2em
	\parindent-2em

Would it be possible to have a reverse option in \setupindenting, whic
could be applied with the other options?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: option suggestion for \setupindenting
@ 2014-03-06 19:38 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-03-06 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 06.03.2014 um 19:35 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es>:

> Hi Hans,
>
> there are some cases in which reverse indenting is important texts. I
> mean something like:
>
> 	\leftskip2em
> 	\parindent-2em
>
> Would it be possible to have a reverse option in \setupindenting, whic
> could be applied with the other options?
>
> Many thanks for your help,

\definestartstop
  [weird]
  [before={\startnarrow[left=2em,default=left]\setupindenting[yes,-2em]},
   after={\stopnarrow}]

\setupindenting[yes,2em]

\starttext

\input knuth

\blank

\startweird
\input knuth
\stopweird

\blank

\input knuth

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: option suggestion for \setupindenting
@ 2014-03-06 20:06   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-03-06 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 06.03.2014 um 19:35 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
>>
>> 	\leftskip2em
>> 	\parindent-2em
>>
>> Would it be possible to have a reverse option in \setupindenting, whic
>> could be applied with the other options?
>>
>> Many thanks for your help,
>
> \definestartstop
>   [weird]
>   [before={\startnarrow[left=2em,default=left]\setupindenting[yes,-2em]},
>    after={\stopnarrow}]
>
> \setupindenting[yes,2em]

Many thanks for your fast reply, Wolfgang.

I have a book that I want to typeset using ConTeXt, to show its author
the results.

\leftskip and \parindent work fine for me. The problem is the length. I
need the reverse indenting only in the final chapter (it’s a book list,
that I would like to avoid to input as a BibTeX bibliography).

The book will have a general \setupindenting, but I don’t know whether
it will be small, medium or big. And in the last chapter, I want this
vaules to be the same, but with a reverse indenting.

Here is the sample.

    \setupindenting[yes,medium]

    \starttext

    \dorecurse{5}{\input knuth\par}

    I can change indenting value, but I cannot get an inverse indenting.

    \setupindenting[yes,small]

    \dorecurse{5}{\input knuth\par}

    \stoptext

I think that \setupindenting[reverse] makes sense as an option. So the
user can set inverse indentings for the whole document. And (s)he will
have to change the value only once, if applied before as standard indenting.

Many thanks for your help again,

Pablo
--

@ 2014-03-06 21:26     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-03-06 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/6/2014 9:06 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 03/06/2014 08:38 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Am 06.03.2014 um 19:35 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
>>>
>>> 	\leftskip2em
>>> 	\parindent-2em
>>>
>>> Would it be possible to have a reverse option in \setupindenting, whic
>>> could be applied with the other options?
>>>
>>> Many thanks for your help,
>>
>> \definestartstop
>>    [weird]
>>    [before={\startnarrow[left=2em,default=left]\setupindenting[yes,-2em]},
>>     after={\stopnarrow}]
>>
>> \setupindenting[yes,2em]
>
> Many thanks for your fast reply, Wolfgang.
>
> I have a book that I want to typeset using ConTeXt, to show its author
> the results.
>
> \leftskip and \parindent work fine for me. The problem is the length. I
> need the reverse indenting only in the final chapter (it’s a book list,
> that I would like to avoid to input as a BibTeX bibliography).
>
> The book will have a general \setupindenting, but I don’t know whether
> it will be small, medium or big. And in the last chapter, I want this
> vaules to be the same, but with a reverse indenting.
>
> Here is the sample.
>
>      \setupindenting[yes,medium]
>
>      \starttext
>
>      \dorecurse{5}{\input knuth\par}
>
>      I can change indenting value, but I cannot get an inverse indenting.
>
>      \setupindenting[yes,small]
>
>      \dorecurse{5}{\input knuth\par}
>
>      \stoptext
>

> I think that \setupindenting[reverse] makes sense as an option. So the
> user can set inverse indentings for the whole document. And (s)he will
> have to change the value only once, if applied before as standard indenting.

reverse is a somewhat weird option specific for your case; what if you
also want to change other things; better is:

\defineindenting[whatever][yes,2cm]
%defineindenting[whatever][yes,-2cm]

\starttext
     \setupindenting[yes,-2em] \input ward \par
     \setupindenting[yes,2em]  \input ward \par
     \setupindenting[whatever] \input ward \par
\stoptext

so i'll make a \defineindenting
                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE