On 2014-03-01 07:32, Wolfgang Schuster wrote: > > \unexpanded\def\startTranslation > {\begingroup > \dosingleempty\dostartTranslation} > > \def\dostartTranslation[#1]% > {\iffirstargument > \getrawparameters[Translation][setups=,language=en,#1]% > \fi > \grabbufferdata[Translation][startTranslation][stopTranslation]} > > \def\stopTranslation > {\language[\Translationlanguage]% > \Translationsetups > (\,\getbufferdata[Translation]\removeunwantedspaces\,)% > \endgroup} > > \starttext > > \startTranslation[language=nl] > It betrays a slow-witted mentality to pursue the streams, but not to see the sources of things. > \stopTranslation > > \stoptext > > Wolfgang > Wolfgang (and list), The above code works fine with simple texts, but is not movable. Adding a footnote, as in the following, to the text section shows that: \starttext \startTranslation[language=en] It betrays a slow-witted mentality to pursue the streams, but not to see the sources of things.% \footnote{% \startTranslation[language=la] Tardi ingeni est rivulos consectari, fontes rerum non videre. \stopTranslation% } \stopTranslation \stoptext or even by: \starttext It betrays a slow-witted mentality to pursue the streams, but not to see the sources of things.% \footnote{% \startTranslation[language=la] Tardi ingeni est rivulos consectari, fontes rerum non videre. \stopTranslation% } \stoptext In LaTeX, this might be dealt with by a combination robust command definitions and \protected. When I wrote an endnotes routine in LaTeX, I used those and wrote the notes to a file which was then read back in at the appropriate time, but that does not help with pagenotes. I imagine that at the time the footnote is processed the Translationsetups and Translationlanguage macros are no longer defined, and I have no idea how one would reference the buffer contents, although it does look like they have stable names in the log file. Can this be made movable? Also, am I correct that the \iffirstargument test in the definition of dostarttranslation is redundant? My understanding is that \dosingleempty assures the presence of [#1]. -- Rik