* git
@ 2014-03-16 16:24 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-03-16 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is Marius git repos still kept up to date?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: git
@ 2014-04-26 10:02 ` Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2014-04-26 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Marius’ git mirror is not going to be kept in sync anymore. From
his answer:

      Because of security issues I disconnected the server there
      git script was running from the internet and have no plans
      to restore it.

Which I think is quite a loss because it made working with the
beta *much* easier. Would it be possible to put up something
similar on the garden? Maybe Hans is already using git and forgot
to tell everybody ;) ?

If someone has a permanently online machine to spare maybe they
could set up a cronjob for Marius’s script:

      https://gitorious.org/context/context/source/d493b9c93ad826044bd17889da2ee099c8ed72d5:context_git_update.pl

Any thoughts?
Philipp

···<date: 2014-03-16, Sunday>···<from: Hans Hagen>···

> Hi,
>
> Is Marius git repos still kept up to date?
>
> Hans

>      tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                                               | www.pragma-pod.nl

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 490 bytes --]

* Re: git
@ 2014-04-26 19:55   ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2014-04-26 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> If someone has a permanently online machine to spare maybe they
> could set up a cronjob for Marius’s script:
>
>       https://gitorious.org/context/context/source/d493b9c93ad826044bd17889da2ee099c8ed72d5:context_git_update.pl

  I could possibly do that; will look into it.

	Best,

		Arthur

* Re: git
@ 2014-04-26 20:10   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-04-26 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/26/2014 12:02 PM, Philipp Gesang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Marius’ git mirror is not going to be kept in sync anymore. From
> his answer:
>
>        Because of security issues I disconnected the server there
>        git script was running from the internet and have no plans
>        to restore it.
>
> Which I think is quite a loss because it made working with the
> beta *much* easier. Would it be possible to put up something
> similar on the garden? Maybe Hans is already using git and forgot
> to tell everybody ;) ?
>
> If someone has a permanently online machine to spare maybe they
> could set up a cronjob for Marius’s script:
>
>        https://gitorious.org/context/context/source/d493b9c93ad826044bd17889da2ee099c8ed72d5:context_git_update.pl
>
> Any thoughts?

Mojca already has that running on the garden for a while.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: git
@ 2014-04-27  8:23     ` Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2014-04-27  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

···<date: 2014-04-26, Saturday>···<from: Hans Hagen>···

> On 4/26/2014 12:02 PM, Philipp Gesang wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Marius’ git mirror is not going to be kept in sync anymore. From
> > his answer:
> >
> >        Because of security issues I disconnected the server there
> >        git script was running from the internet and have no plans
> >        to restore it.
> >
> > Which I think is quite a loss because it made working with the
> > beta *much* easier. Would it be possible to put up something
> > similar on the garden? Maybe Hans is already using git and forgot
> > to tell everybody ;) ?
> >
> > If someone has a permanently online machine to spare maybe they
> > could set up a cronjob for Marius’s script:
> >
> >        https://gitorious.org/context/context/source/d493b9c93ad826044bd17889da2ee099c8ed72d5:context_git_update.pl
> >
> > Any thoughts?
>
> Mojca already has that running on the garden for a while.

Is there a web interface somewhere? The source links on the wiki
still point to the outdated mirrors that were based on Marius’
bot. E.g.

    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page#Development
    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_wiki:Editing#Linking_to_source_files

Out of curiosity I pointed my browser to git.contextgarden.net
but all I got was some login form :(

Philipp

@ 2014-04-27  8:33       ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2014-04-27  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Philipp Gesang wrote:
> ···<date: 2014-04-26, Saturday>···<from: Hans Hagen>···
>
>> On 4/26/2014 12:02 PM, Philipp Gesang wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Marius’ git mirror is not going to be kept in sync anymore. From
>> > his answer:
>> >
>> >        Because of security issues I disconnected the server there
>> >        git script was running from the internet and have no plans
>> >        to restore it.
>> >
>> > Which I think is quite a loss because it made working with the
>> > beta *much* easier. Would it be possible to put up something
>> > similar on the garden? Maybe Hans is already using git and forgot
>> > to tell everybody ;) ?
>> >
>> > If someone has a permanently online machine to spare maybe they
>> > could set up a cronjob for Marius’s script:
>> >
>> >        https://gitorious.org/context/context/source/d493b9c93ad826044bd17889da2ee099c8ed72d5:context_git_update.pl
>> >
>> > Any thoughts?
>>
>> Mojca already has that running on the garden for a while.

Indeed, that was supposed to be an Easter egg.
(But mostly because it still needs contents and user accounts and ...
Also the scripts aren't completely reliably working yet.)

> Out of curiosity I pointed my browser to git.contextgarden.net
> but all I got was some login form :(

If you came that far, you should have also noticed the link "public projects".

Mojca

* Re: git
@ 2014-04-27  8:57         ` Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2014-04-27  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

···<date: 2014-04-27, Sunday>···<from: Mojca Miklavec>···

> On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Philipp Gesang wrote:
> > ···<date: 2014-04-26, Saturday>···<from: Hans Hagen>···

> >> Mojca already has that running on the garden for a while.
>
> Indeed, that was supposed to be an Easter egg.
> (But mostly because it still needs contents and user accounts and ...
> Also the scripts aren't completely reliably working yet.)

The idea is great nonetheless!

> > Out of curiosity I pointed my browser to git.contextgarden.net
> > but all I got was some login form :(
>
> If you came that far, you should have also noticed the link "public projects".

Ha, I did not. Thanks. Though I can’t seem to clone the main
repo:

    [10:48:37=>phg@acheron=> ~/src/context-dev] git clone http://git.contextgarden.net/context/context.git context-git-garden
    Cloning into 'context-git-garden'...
    remote: Counting objects: 55441, done.
    error: RPC failed; result=18, HTTP code = 200MiB | 1.10 MiB/s
    fatal: early EOF
    fatal: index-pack failed

Same for the repo imported from gitorious. Maybe some rate limit
is interfering?

Philipp

@ 2014-04-27 10:56           ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2014-04-27 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Philipp Gesang wrote:

> Though I can’t seem to clone the main
> repo:
>
>     [10:48:37=>phg@acheron=> ~/src/context-dev] git clone http://git.contextgarden.net/context/context.git context-git-garden
>     Cloning into 'context-git-garden'...
>     remote: Counting objects: 55441, done.
>     remote: Compressing objects: 100% (10041/10041), done.
>     error: RPC failed; result=18, HTTP code = 200MiB | 1.10 MiB/s
>     fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
>     fatal: early EOF
>     fatal: index-pack failed
>
> Same for the repo imported from gitorious. Maybe some rate limit
> is interfering?

Weird, it works for me.

Does the following ring any bell to anyone or does anyone know
how/where to look for further clues?

[proxy_http:error] (70008)Partial results are valid but processing is
incomplete: [client xxx] AH01110: error reading response

(We recently had weird problems with subversion 1.8 which turned out
to be an old and ignored bug in cisco's firmware.)

Mojca

* Re: git
@ 2014-04-27 11:58             ` Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2014-04-27 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)