* \seeindex and secondary index (register) levels
@ 2014-03-19  0:11 Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2014-03-19  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

How can I get \seeindex to refer to other than the top-level of an index
entry? In the following MWE, I would like to link to /text+more/, not
/text,/ and not /text+some/. That is, the highlight should include the
name of the lower level(s). The actual link should be to the page with
the entry for the reference text in the case that the top level is on
one page of the index and the secondary entry on the next page.

If this cannot be done, I can live with a separate \index{text, more}
entry, but that is ugly when there are other text+something entries.

I would also like to be able to specify the format of the reference,
perhaps with before/middle/after keys. This would allow /text -> more/
or otherwise as my publisher's style guide may require.

    \setupinteraction[state=start]

    \starttext

    Some text\index{text+some}.

    More text\index{text+more}.

    And more\seeindex{I want}{text+more} and more\seeindex{I get}{text}.

    \placefootnotes

    \placeindex

    \stoptext

--
Rik

* Re: \seeindex and secondary index (register) levels
@ 2014-03-19 12:30 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-03-19 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 3/19/2014 1:11 AM, Rik Kabel wrote:
> How can I get \seeindex to refer to other than the top-level of an index
> entry? In the following MWE, I would like to link to /text+more/, not
> /text,/ and not /text+some/. That is, the highlight should include the
> name of the lower level(s). The actual link should be to the page with
> the entry for the reference text in the case that the top level is on
> one page of the index and the secondary entry on the next page.
>
> If this cannot be done, I can live with a separate \index{text, more}
> entry, but that is ugly when there are other text+something entries.
>
> I would also like to be able to specify the format of the reference,
> perhaps with before/middle/after keys. This would allow /text -> more/
> or otherwise as my publisher's style guide may require.
>
>     \setupinteraction[state=start]
>
>     \starttext
>
>     Some text\index{text+some}.
>
>     More text\index{text+more}.
>
>     And more\seeindex{I want}{text+more} and more\seeindex{I get}{text}.
>
>     \placefootnotes
>
>     \placeindex
>
>     \stoptext

cheat:     And more\seeindex{I want}{text{+}more} and more\seeindex{I
get}{text}.

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2014-03-19 15:36   ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2014-03-19 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2014-03-19 08:30, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 3/19/2014 1:11 AM, Rik Kabel wrote:
>> How can I get \seeindex to refer to other than the top-level of an index
>> entry? In the following MWE, I would like to link to /text+more/, not
>> /text,/ and not /text+some/. That is, the highlight should include the
>> name of the lower level(s). The actual link should be to the page with
>> the entry for the reference text in the case that the top level is on
>> one page of the index and the secondary entry on the next page.
>>
>> If this cannot be done, I can live with a separate \index{text, more}
>> entry, but that is ugly when there are other text+something entries.
>>
>> I would also like to be able to specify the format of the reference,
>> perhaps with before/middle/after keys. This would allow /text -> more/
>> or otherwise as my publisher's style guide may require.
>>
>>     \setupinteraction[state=start]
>>
>>     \starttext
>>
>>     Some text\index{text+some}.
>>
>>     More text\index{text+more}.
>>
>>     And more\seeindex{I want}{text+more} and more\seeindex{I get}{text}.
>>
>>     \placefootnotes
>>
>>     \placeindex
>>
>>     \stoptext
>
> cheat:     And more\seeindex{I want}{text{+}more} and more\seeindex{I
> get}{text}.

Hans,

This does not do anything different, and in particular it does not
create a link.
Perhaps this new example better illustrates the problem:

    \setupinteraction[state=start]
    \setupregister[index][n=1]
    \setuppapersize[A7]
    \starttext

    \type{Dilbert} should be a link to the second-level on page~3 (or
    perhaps to the top level on page~2) in this example.

    \type{Dilbert} is \type{Adams+Scott} and \type{Catbert} is
    \type{Adams{+}Scott}. They link nowhere. \type{Dogbert} is
    \type{Adams}, which links to page~2.
    \index{Adams+Douglas}\index{Adams+Amy}\index{Adams+John}
    \index{Adams+John Quincy}\index{Adams+Sam}\index{Adams+Scott}
    \seeindex{Dilbert}{Adams+Scott}
    \seeindex{Catbert}{Adams{+}Scott}
    \seeindex{Dogbert}{Adams}
    \index{A}\index{AA}\index{AAA}\index{AAAA}\index{AB}\index{AAB}
    \index{ABB}\index{AABB}
    \page
    \placeindex
    \stoptext