* quick and shallow question about layers
@ 2014-03-26 22:42 Schmitz Thomas A.
From: Schmitz Thomas A. @ 2014-03-26 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

this is pretty shallow, but maybe someone knows a way: for one of my presentation, every slide has a (different) picture as background. The title is typeset within a narrow colored frame which extends across the entire slide. Is there any way to make the background picture show through the letters of the title, i.e. make the letters transparent within the colored frame? I thought of metapost’s infill, but it appears that this only adds a background color, not real transparency.

Hope the question is clear enough - just in case someone has a suggestion; my life doesn’t depend on it!

Thanks and all best

Thomas

* Re: quick and shallow question about layers
@ 2014-03-26 23:07 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-03-26 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 3/26/2014 11:42 PM, Schmitz Thomas A. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is pretty shallow, but maybe someone knows a way: for one of my presentation, every slide has a (different) picture as background. The title is typeset within a narrow colored frame which extends across the entire slide. Is there any way to make the background picture show through the letters of the title, i.e. make the letters transparent within the colored frame? I thought of metapost’s infill, but it appears that this only adds a background color, not real transparency.
>
> Hope the question is clear enough - just in case someone has a suggestion; my life doesn’t depend on it!

\starttext

     \startMPcode
         draw
             externalfigure("mill.png")
             xysized(10cm,4cm) ;
         draw
             textext("\bf LOOK THROUGH")
             xysized(10cm,4cm)
             shifted center currentpicture
             withcolor red
             withtransparency (1,0.4) ;
     \stopMPcode

\stoptext

or

\starttext

\defineoverlay
   [page]
   [\overlayfigure{mill.png}]

\setupbackgrounds
   [page]
   [background=page]

\definecolor[myred][a=1,t=.4,r=.4]

{\color[myred]{\definedfont[Bold*default at 60pt]LOOK THROUGH}}

\stoptext

or ...

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE