On 2014-03-28 18:25, Hans Hagen wrote: > On 3/28/2014 10:45 PM, Rik Kabel wrote: >> I have requirements similar to those of Stéphane Goujet to reproduce the >> typography of earlier times, and I tried to adapt the code presented in >> his note earlier today titled “Quotation blocs with repetition symbol in >> the left column.” >> >> The result of this attempt is the discovery of two issues with >> linenumbering. I will present these in separate notes. This note >> involves an unfortunate interaction with bidi. The other problem >> involves startnarrower. >> >> Both issues occur with the current 20140328 beta. >> >> Adding the line \setupdirections[bidi=on,method=two] to Stéphane’s >> example results in the disappearance of the guillemots that would >> otherwise be placed as linenumbers. In my case, this bidi variant is >> needed to prevent misplaced references. The issue of misplaced >> references was discusssed in a recent thread by Pablo Rodriguez (Re: >> [NTG-context] (again) bug with bidi direction and \about references, >> begun on 3 March). >> >> The bidi issue does not occur with TL2013, although perhaps method=two >> is meaningless there. Other bidi options do not show this problem. > > proper minimal example needed > > Hans This should do. I also include commented statements for the startnarrower issue. \setupdirections [bidi=on,method=two] %\setupdirections [bidi=on] \definelinenumbering[fail][location=text,width=.75em] \definestartstop[bloccitel][before={\startlinenumbering[fail]}, after={\stoplinenumbering}] \starttext %\setupnarrower[left=3cm,right=2cm] %\startnarrower[left,right] Now, a quote block starting just there, \startbloccitel \input tufte \stopbloccitel . This a bit of text at the end of the quotation. %\stopnarrower \stoptext