* Averaged integrals
@ 2014-04-14 14:03 Janne Junnila
From: Janne Junnila @ 2014-04-14 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a command to produce an averaged integral sign ($\int$ with a
slash drawn across it)?

On a related note: It seems to me that \ointclockwise and
\ointctrclockwise produce results opposite to what their names would
indicate.

Thanks,
Janne Junnila

* Re: Averaged integrals
@ 2014-04-14 14:12 ` Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2014-04-14 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Janne Junnila; +Cc: ntg-context

Janne Junnila <janne.junnila@gmail.com> writes:

> On a related note: It seems to me that \ointclockwise and
> \ointctrclockwise produce results opposite to what their names would
> indicate.

It seems wrong to me as well.  It could be a problem in a mapping
internal to context (or maybe the font).  char-def.lua gives, for
example,

 [0x2232]={
  category="sm",
  description="CLOCKWISE CONTOUR INTEGRAL",
  direction="on",
  linebreak="al",
  mathclass="limop",
  mathname="ointclockwise",
  unicodeslot=0x2232,
 },

The Unicode slot number is correct.  If you look up that Unicode character

<http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2232/index.htm>

it has a clockwise arrow.  But, as you say,

\starttext
$\ointclockwise$
\stoptext

shows an anticlockwise arrow.

-Sanjoy

* Re: Averaged integrals
@ 2014-04-14 14:22   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2014-04-14 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 14 Apr 2014, Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:

> Janne Junnila <janne.junnila@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On a related note: It seems to me that \ointclockwise and
>> \ointctrclockwise produce results opposite to what their names would
>> indicate.
>
> It seems wrong to me as well.  It could be a problem in a mapping
> internal to context (or maybe the font).  char-def.lua gives, for
> example,
>
> [0x2232]={
>  category="sm",
>  description="CLOCKWISE CONTOUR INTEGRAL",
>  direction="on",
>  linebreak="al",
>  mathclass="limop",
>  mathname="ointclockwise",
>  unicodeslot=0x2232,
> },
>
> The Unicode slot number is correct.  If you look up that Unicode character
>
> <http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2232/index.htm>
>
> it has a clockwise arrow.  But, as you say,
>
> \starttext
> $\ointclockwise$
> \stoptext
>
> shows an anticlockwise arrow.

I get clockwise arrow with cambria and xits, but anticlockwise arrow with
palatino and latin modern. So, it appears to be a font bug with TeX Gyre
fonts.

Aditya

* Re: Averaged integrals
@ 2014-04-14 14:53     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-04-14 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context, Mojca Miklavec

On 4/14/2014 4:22 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2014, Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
>
>> Janne Junnila <janne.junnila@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> On a related note: It seems to me that \ointclockwise and
>>> \ointctrclockwise produce results opposite to what their names would
>>> indicate.
>>
>> It seems wrong to me as well.  It could be a problem in a mapping
>> internal to context (or maybe the font).  char-def.lua gives, for
>> example,
>>
>> [0x2232]={
>>  category="sm",
>>  description="CLOCKWISE CONTOUR INTEGRAL",
>>  direction="on",
>>  linebreak="al",
>>  mathclass="limop",
>>  mathname="ointclockwise",
>>  unicodeslot=0x2232,
>> },
>>
>> The Unicode slot number is correct.  If you look up that Unicode
>> character
>>
>> <http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2232/index.htm>
>>
>> it has a clockwise arrow.  But, as you say,
>>
>> \starttext
>> $\ointclockwise$
>> \stoptext
>>
>> shows an anticlockwise arrow.
>
> I get clockwise arrow with cambria and xits, but anticlockwise arrow
> with palatino and latin modern. So, it appears to be a font bug with TeX
> Gyre fonts.

before we report this ... do we have the latest gyre fonts on the garden?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE