* automatically adding commands to some characters
@ 2014-04-28 21:53 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-04-28 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

with slashes and en-dashes I experience the following in ConTeXt:
sometimes I need to add an \hskip0pt command after them to allow
linebreaks. One example would be "Council Directive 93/98/EEC".

The issue comes when using ConTeXt as target format from markdown
sources. pandoc generates the file, but it makes no sense to edit the
ConTeXt source.

Is there any command that allows the addition of arbitrary commands when
a character appears in text? I mean, a way that internally replaces
"Council Directive 93/98/EEC" with "Council Directive 93/\hskip0pt
98/\hskip0pt EEC"

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: automatically adding commands to some characters
@ 2014-04-28 22:10 ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2014-04-28 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2014-04-28 17:53, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> with slashes and en-dashes I experience the following in ConTeXt:
> sometimes I need to add an \hskip0pt command after them to allow
> linebreaks. One example would be "Council Directive 93/98/EEC".
>
> The issue comes when using ConTeXt as target format from markdown
> sources. pandoc generates the file, but it makes no sense to edit the
> ConTeXt source.
>
> Is there any command that allows the addition of arbitrary commands when
> a character appears in text? I mean, a way that internally replaces
> "Council Directive 93/98/EEC" with "Council Directive 93/\hskip0pt
> 98/\hskip0pt EEC"
>
> Many thanks for your help,
>

> Pablo
\setbreakpoints <http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setbreakpoints>in
MKIV should do it. Just add it to you pandoc context template.

--
Rik

* Re: automatically adding commands to some characters
@ 2014-05-01 18:58   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-05-01 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/29/2014 12:10 AM, Rik Kabel wrote:
> On 2014-04-28 17:53, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> [...]
>> Is there any command that allows the addition of arbitrary commands when
>> a character appears in text? I mean, a way that internally replaces
>> "Council Directive 93/98/EEC" with "Council Directive 93/\hskip0pt
>> 98/\hskip0pt EEC"
>>
> \setbreakpoints <http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setbreakpoints>in
> MKIV should do it. Just add it to you pandoc context template.

Many thanks for your help, Rik.

It is exactly what I needed.

Pablo
--