* what happend to \writeline?
@ 2021-05-28 16:05 Werner Hennrich
From: Werner Hennrich @ 2021-05-28 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everyone,

I'm looking into my environment's logging to trace a problem and realize
that \writeline is gone mute -
that is, the output of subsequent logging lines now gets joined up in
the same line, very hard to read...

I observe this in version: 2021.05.27 14:15, as well as in version:
2021.05.27 14:15
the last one I used where \writeline did write (and end) the logging
line was version: 2021.03.17 17:46.

    \def\log#1{
    \message{ logging: #1}
    \writeline
    logging #1\par
    }
    \starttext
    \log{the}
    \log{quick}
    \log{brown}
    \log{fox}
    \stoptext

used to log like this:

    logging: the
    logging: quick
    logging: brown
    logging: fox

but now:

logging: the logging: quick logging: brown logging: fox

Any idea how I can switch back the old behavior (on the new lmtx)?

Thanks you,
Werner

* Re: what happend to \writeline?
@ 2021-05-28 16:19 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-05-28 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/28/2021 6:05 PM, Werner Hennrich wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm looking into my environment's logging to trace a problem and realize
> that \writeline is gone mute -
> that is, the output of subsequent logging lines now gets joined up in
> the same line, very hard to read...

i'll check it

* Re: what happend to \writeline?
@ 2021-05-31 14:06   ` Werner Hennrich
From: Werner Hennrich @ 2021-05-31 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

\writeline works well again after the next update to version: 2021.05.31
14:13 -
*and* my xtables patch in cont-loc persisted.

Thank you Hans,
Werner